• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Who will win the six nations 2016?

Who will win the six nations 2016?

• Total voters
All square now, Wales are coming back well and we need to recapture the intensity of the first half.

Ireland started like a train. Wales took their time to get over the loss of Biggar. Now it is a cracking close test match.

Level now - all to play for

Wales have come back strongly & should go on to win from here (they will need to if they have aspirations of winning this tournament)

No they won't. They will need to win if they want a grand slam, but they can still win the tournament no matter how they come out of the Ireland game.

A loss in the first game can affect the mind-set so would expect Wales to want a win here to set up the remainder - though their only other away game is at Twickenham so gives them possibilities

We've seen nothing to suggest in the games so far that anyone will be running away with this.

I think Ireland, Wales and England look the class of the field. There just isn't a side that is screaming grand slam. England have a win in the bank, and then Italy next so I like their position at the moment.

Scotland shouldn't be underestimated, they were the best northern hemisphere team in the WC. Didn't look too good in patches against England, but a lot of that is in the mind.

Wales take the lead and Ireland draw level within two minutes

Good defence by Ireland, but lack of attacking ideas from Wales.

This is toss of a coin stuff. Enjoyable game. Ireland's defence has been outstanding second half

Basics from Wales, get into the lead then give away a needless penalty.

I think a draw was just about correct. Good game. I enjoyed that.

Little to choose between any of these sides so far - week 2 will no doubt make this clearer (as will weeks 3, 4 & 5)

That's the end of the Grand Slam for both these teams.
Only France and England left this year.

I would be surprised if there is a grand slam. Not this year.

England should be delighted at that result today as it sets them up.

My assessment of the first weeks fixtures:

France - very VERY lucky to get past Italy at home
England - a workmanlike performance against Scotland but they got the win, and that is what matters
Ireland / Wales - putting them both together. They both played some good stuff but have only one point in the bag, so are coming from behind to win the trophy
Italy - excellent. Deserved to beat the French in Paris but couldn't get over the line.
Scotland - very poor for me.

Back