• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Who will win the six nations 2016?

Who will win the six nations 2016?

• Total voters
I would be surprised if there is a grand slam. Not this year.

England should be delighted at that result today as it sets them up.

My assessment of the first weeks fixtures:

France - very VERY lucky to get past Italy at home
England - a workmanlike performance against Scotland but they got the win, and that is what matters
Ireland / Wales - putting them both together. They both played some good stuff but have only one point in the bag, so are coming from behind to win the trophy
Italy - excellent. Deserved to beat the French in Paris but couldn't get over the line.
Scotland - very poor for me.

Triple Crown gone as well for everyone except England.
As an England supporter I'm happy with the result, which I thought was a fair one TBH.
Puts England at the top after round 1

Agree with most of your summing up Paddy, except Scotland who I thought played well in patches but lacked ideas. Don't underestimate them next week.

Can't see Scotland winning at the millennium, Scotland's problem is a real lack of quality to open sides up.
England just did the basics well yesterday and was enough to win the game.

Scotland were fucking rancid. If Wales can't beat them in Cardiff they don't deserve to be involved in the shake up.

I think a draw was just about correct. Good game. I enjoyed that.

I disagree. I think if you compare halves, our performance in the first was better than yours in the second. However that 10 min spell towards the end of the first half was pivotal, as we gave up 10 crucial points in that spell, and if we had stopped turning the ball over in our own half, we would have cleared our lines and not conceded.

I still think Wales will win it, but I'm encouraged by our performance today, Stander and Murray were superb, and Keith Earls tackling was brutal ( in a good way)

Wales could have easily won it had they looked after the ball better when going 13-16 up instead they kicked needlessly giving away a penalty.
From a neutral perspective I thought a draw was fair, as an England fan it's a good result as it puts great pressure on both Wales and Iteland going into next weekend.

Back