• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wigan 27th Sept - Matchday thread

well at least Sam Winnall has equalised for Barnsley against Villa

Fucking rubbish all round from everybody really. Still that's the championship though, we were shite against Barnsley and then beat Newcastle.

3 points off 3rd, 3 points off 16th. Sums up where we are at the moment, could still go either way, Walter needs to make sure it's the more positive outcome between now and Christmas or he'll go.

That's an absolute stinker of a result, didn't sound like we deserved to lose but created next to nothing in the 2nd half.
Same problems persist with two centre halfs.

A fit and in form Dicko could make a hell of a difference to this team.

Still don't have a decent back-up option up front it would seem. Really need Nouha back asap.

Disappointing that we have failed to beat Rotherham, Wigan and Burton.

Was an opportunity to put a decent run together which Zenga Keeps mentioning but we've blown that tonight.

That's a poor result whichever way you look at it but it sums the Championship up. Subs seemed a bit strange and we ended up with 4 central midfielders on like Kenny was back and it's little things like that that Walter has to stop. Have to go and beat Norwich now.

3 points off 3rd, 3 points off 16th. Sums up where we are at the moment, could still go either way, Walter needs to make sure it's the more positive outcome between now and Christmas or he'll go.

I don't think he's good enough to take us up and he's pretty much got 15 games to cement a top 6 place. He's going to have to step up some, and I hope he does, but I just can't see it yet.

Just the 1 point out of the 3 promoted clubs played so far, doesn't mean much but highlights how inconsistent we are.
Have a feeling there'll be more head scratching results before Xmas.

Zenga hates a midweek game. I don't think he's got to grips with how to prepare a team for Sat/Tues/Sat. Every midweek game we seem to run out of steam around 60 minutes.

I was beginning to believe Walt had his first team in mind now, but tonight tells me.....not yet.

I was beginning to believe Walt had his first team in mind now, but tonight tells me.....not yet.

Was only two changes in fairness, Bod was enforced and consensus on here was to leave CBJ out tonight (I wouldn't have, but can see why he did and it isn't that which has cost us).

His subs were plain odd.

Zenga hates a midweek game. I don't think he's got to grips with how to prepare a team for Sat/Tues/Sat. Every midweek game we seem to run out of steam around 60 minutes.

Not jsut that but i don't think he knows how to change the way we are playing, if we haven't got Bod upfront then we aren't sure what to do and don't look to have a plan b. Early days and and there are both good and bad signs but he has to iron out the bad.

Back