• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wigan 27th Sept - Matchday thread

I think there's definitely an element of taking things for granted. He thought pick all our flair players against a shit team and we will blow them away. Not that straight forward in England.

Bollocks, just a cheap shot, hence your edited post.

Don't be a twat - I didn't hear his name at all second half, checked the sky app and saw he'd been on the pitch the whole 90, hence my edited post before you posted.

Were you there then? Did he play well second half, but the commentators missed it?

You can't blame the manager for rank bad defending. Should have seen the game out. If you can't get 3 points then settle for one
I haven't seen their second goal but surely Ikeme should have battered him before he got into the area.

Don't be a twat - I didn't hear his name at all second half, checked the sky app and saw he'd been on the pitch the whole 90, hence my edited post before you posted.

Were you there then? Did he play well second half, but the commentators missed it?

Not just Edwards - no one seemed to play well for the second half & we lost any control that we had

Don't think he was the only one to blame & Zenga will have to take some responsibility for some odd subs

I think there's definitely an element of taking things for granted. He thought pick all our flair players against a $#@! team and we will blow them away. Not that straight forward in England.

Pep Gaurdiola thinks this is horseshit.

No, but I don't comment on players based on prejudiced opinion. I'm not an Edwards fan, but according to those that went he had a good game at Newcastle and in my view - because I was there, played well on Saturday. Tonight I don't know, and I didn't listen on Wolves Player, but I find them not mentioning him once in 45+ minutes very, very hard to believe.

Pep Gaurdiola thinks this is horseshit.

I'm not talking in that sense. Obviously pep has a pattern of play etc.

Bod wasn't available and so we had to abandon the usual style and he just chucked the flair players in just because they are better players than wigans.

I didn't see Edwards mentioned even once apart from the team sheet on Twatter, but there was a lot more wrong tonight than deadly Dave, and Walter needs to take a good look at himself. it wasn't a tatty cup game against Accrington Stanley, and the three points were there for the taking, with a better subs bench available at least.

No, but I don't comment on players based on prejudiced opinion. I'm not an Edwards fan, but according to those that went he had a good game at Newcastle and in my view - because I was there, played well on Saturday. Tonight I don't know, and I didn't listen on Wolves Player, but I find them not mentioning him once in 45+ minutes very, very hard to believe.

So basically you have no knowledge having neither seen, nor listened to the game, just your pre existing opinion. And you're whining at me because you think I have a pre existing opinion, although I did listen to the game.

Classy.

For what it's worth - no mentions at all second half that I can recall. I'm not saying it's all his fault, as gladon apparently did little, Saville similar bar the disallowed goal, and ola John similarly, and Dom imo from the sky replay could have done better getting back on the line if he'd not half stopped, but not being mentioned for a whole half is not indicative of a good contribution.

I'm not talking in that sense. Obviously pep has a pattern of play etc.

Bod wasn't available and so we had to abandon the usual style and he just chucked the flair players in just because they are better players than wigans.

I think we agree, Zenga doesn't really have a style of play and he's only got 15 games to find one. The good managers have a style of play and stick with it, tweaking it if they lose, which they will and then going again.

I'll put tonight down as Zenga still learning but he needs to establish something pretty quickly and as you say throwing flair players in isn't an answer. The defence seemed to jest have a brain fart for the goals, not a lot Zenga can do Bout that but shutting up shop against bottom of the league isn't a good thing to do.

Back