• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wigan away build up

Kuszczak was injured for Ipswich, so I guess McCarey is likely to start?

Hause to left side central defender, Golbourne stays at left back for me

Have a feeling EEL will get the nod.

Not that it necessarily means a great deal but EEL was on the bench vs Ipswich and Hause wasn't.

I can't make my mind up whether EEL is actually any good or not.

I think he is ok, Hause is the better of the 2 though. Prefer Hause to start but won't be smashing my PC to bits in cyber anger on Saturday if EEL starts

Doherty in at right back and Iorfa in his proper position with Stearman for me.

On a side note....
How many games have we lost when Sako isnt in the team?

Not sure if there are any but we've had 0-0s with Blackpool and Charlton without him. Beat Leeds, Blackburn, Blackpool (home one) without him.

it's Dicko we really struggle without more

Definitely Hause for me - need to see what he can do at CB in the first team

I mentioned it a while back, how come Ebanks-Landell seems immune to not being match fit? Hardly ever comes on, when he does it's typically for around five minutes at the end of a game and never plays in the reserves any more.

I'd prefer Hause because a) I think he's both a better CB than EEL and has more potential to improve, and b) he's a left-sided CB, and Batth is right-sided. Stearman's been playing slightly out of position all season, and doing a good job of it, but if we have to choose between two inexperienced replacements I'd prefer the one who is more of a natural in the relevant position.

Not sure if there are any but we've had 0-0s with Blackpool and Charlton without him. Beat Leeds, Blackburn, Blackpool (home one) without him.

it's Dicko we really struggle without more

Upon further mooching, someone over on the Darkside says...

"18 games without him and (we have) won 15 drew 3 in the 3 years hes been here"

Suprised me that.

Is that why Ikeme's kicking was so awful against Ipswich?

We're going to miss Danny Batth, although it didn't look like we'd make the top 6 anyway.

Who's captain in his absence - Stears?

Upon further mooching, someone over on the Darkside says...

"18 games without him and (we have) won 15 drew 3 in the 3 years hes been here"

Suprised me that.

I don't think it's right (can't check right now), he got injured vs Bristol City and his one legged comeback didn't happen until right to the end of the season, we lost games in between then. Bolton and Huddersfield were games I'm pretty sure he missed.

Ken has confirmed Ikeme is out but Kuszczak and Sako are available.

Ill be devestated if Sako is out. Thought Sat was going to be the last time I saw one of my favourite ever Wolves players play live.

From someone watching training today - 'I hadn't read the news this morning at that point and I noticed straight away that Sako, Ikeme and Batth weren't training, Ebanks-Landell was playing alongside Stearman.
'

I'd be happy to have a good look at EEL or Hause. Only seen Hause play left back and he's mostly done ok. EEL I've only seen 3-4 times, couple at right back where he did ok and I think once at CB when he played the first half against Forest, I thought he was excellent until he went off injured.

I just have a feeling we will win this one..no pressure really and we will score some goals

Back