• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Will Leicester City win the premier league?

Will Leicester City win the Premier League?

• Yes

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • No

Votes: 29 69.0%

• Total voters
Leicester have a run of three tough games now. Manchester City and Chelsea for definite, and I think it is either Manchester United or Arsenal as well. If they are still heading the pack after those games then I think there is a real possibility that they could do it.

It would be wonderful to see and a hearty two-fingers to the Sky big five, but I still just about favour Manchester City and Arsenal. No reason why Leicester can't finish third though.

Leicesters next three games are:

Liverpool at home, followed by Arsenal and Manchester City away.

I'd love it if Leicester won it, but I just can't see it. A top 4 finish would be amazing and a real breath of fresh air to see them edge out one of the supposed 'bigger clubs'.

Having said that, I never thought they'd still be right up the top so absolutely fair play to them. I'd be happy if one of Leicester, Arsenal or Spurs won it but ideally, it'd be Leicester.

I hope so but I'm with many others above who think that Manchester City will do it. If they do win it, it will give hope to us all that it is possible to come out of the Championship (or even League 1) and win the title.

My next door neighbour is a season ticket holder and I recall speaking to him on Easter Sunday last year where he informed that he had just renewed for the following season although he was of the opinion that he would be watching Championship football. How times have changed that only 9 months later that they are in with a shout of winning the Premier League.

I know a few Leicester season ticket holders, and they are now starting to think that a top four place is theirs for the taking. Interestingly, one lad was so annoyed when Ranieri took over that he said he would not renew his season ticket. Though he did renew and is very pleased he did.

To be fair, Ranieri dropped Mahrez at one point and Vardy has had injuries already. I think more importantly if they lose Kante they are in trouble. He is fantastic.

Special player Kante, Leicester will do well to keep hold of him. Better on the ball than many expected.

They clearly have a chance, but suspect that the greater depth at City or Arsenal will come through at the end - start of the season predicted Arsenal & think that that will be the case.

No reason though for them not to retain a top 4 place - maybe now they have got to this point will believe and bolster their ranks during this window

I'd actually love it if Leicester won it. Would be equally as happy if it was Spurs. Something different!

Really hard to call, but I think I'm going to stick with Arsenal just edging it by the end though. Leicester 4th behind City and Spurs.

Mahrez, Vardy and kante will be linked with loads of 'bigger' teams this summer, interesting to see if any move on. Drinkwater has been getting rave reviews too

Arsenal from City for me. Spurs have a great squad and are certainly capable, as are Leicester if they carry on playing as well as they have been, but I fear both will bottle it at some stage this season (see Liverpool 2013/14). I really hope those are the top 4, but it wouldn't surprise me if Utd sneak their way into an undeserved CL spot at the death. LFC might come good; CFC underperforming ... I hope we're on the verge of some proper competition in the PL at long last. The top-4 merry-go-round for the past God knows how long has been so depressing.

Would love them to win it, but i think their squad depth may be their downfall, so i have to vote a very sad NO.

Sincerely hope that Utd do not sneak in at the death - would be completely undeserved given the football they have served up this season & Pools defence will be their undoing.

Leicester have been a breath of fresh air this season, but would agree with Pav that don't think they have the squad depth to win through & are probably more vulnerable if the lose a key player to injury.

A top four place (hopefully) will still be a big achievement even if it has been helped by Chelsea imploding

If they can get through Liverpool, Man City & Arsenal in February and still be a couple of points clear, then I really don't see why they couldn't.

I think this run for Leicester is season defining, if they come out of it unscathed its theirs to lose imo.

I think Chelsea could be the wildcard, out of the title race but improving and have enough about them to trouble the top four in their games so could still have a major say where the title goes.

3 points from liverpool.... :whistle:

If Leicester beat Manchester City on Saturday then they will be favourites to win the league.

The title is now in Leicesters hands. Keep their nerve and they will be champions. And who could argue they would deserve it.

Leicester's record since 4 April 2015:

P34 W22 D9 L3 Pts 75

This is ace.

A Little Ditty For Leicester City (January 2016)

In an East Midlands city- an old county town,
The punters watch on with intrigue,
As their unfancied team chase the glorious crown,
Of the Ol’ Barclay’s Premier League.

The playmaking skills of a winger from France,
And a titan from Rome at the helm,
Have given their dear club their best ever chance,
Of becoming the best in the realm.

Where once going forward their strikers were toothless,
Now they boast quite the attack;
Where once in defence dear old Leicester were Huth-less,
Now they are strong at the back.