• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Will Leicester City win the premier league?

Will Leicester City win the Premier League?

• Yes

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • No

Votes: 29 69.0%

• Total voters
They have a 12 point advantage over United in fifth. I would be staggered if United closed that gap.
If they Leicester lose next weekend then fail to win the next game the pressure will become huge. Time will tell.

Everyone has been waiting for Leicester to slip up for months now, but they are showing no sign of doing so.

They have a 12 point advantage over United in fifth. I would be staggered if United closed that gap.

If anyone's in danger of dropping out of the top four it's Man City. Two away wins since mid-September, should be progressing in the Champions League so an added distraction to the league form, lame duck manager which can go either way (will the players really put it in to impress a watching Pep...or will they give up), another injury to Aguero and they're fucked.

At the other end of the table does anyone think that West Brom might get sucked into the relegation battle?

They are currently 6 points off 3rd from bottom with their next few fixtures being:

Everton (a)
Palace (h)
Leicester (a)
United (h)
Arsenal (a)

Nope.

Like KJ, Pulis will send everyone to sleep to get the required points.

Strange game football.

Especially as there is absolutely NOTHING to indicate Leicester are falling apart, and they have just taken six points from Liverpool and Man City, and on top of that have lost a grand total of two games all season.

Especially as there is absolutely NOTHING to indicate Leicester are falling apart, and they have just taken six points from Liverpool and Man City, and on top of that have lost a grand total of two games all season.

This week is the first time many people have considered Leicester as serious title contenders. Thats when the pressure kicks in..

This week is the first time many people have considered Leicester as serious title contenders. Thats when the pressure kicks in..

Indeed, although their confidence and swagger is absolutely mental. I've got to say, I really hope they do it now - it'd be a massive middle finger to the 'big' teams and some of the football they've played this season has been mind-blowing.

They normally get some terrible win out of nowhere, like vs Arsenal when they won 2-1 despite only having one shot on target.

I'd love to see them go down, not because it's Albion and certainly not because I want the BCD back (we'd get trounced home and away and I'm not a fan of the bullshit that surrounds the fixture), but because of Pulis. Disgusting football even by his standards.

They'll stay up by doing exactly that - grinding out an unexpected win. A lot of my Albion supporting friends want Pulis gone because the style is so appalling.

I certainly don't want them to go down because I abhor the BCD. Shame Villa are going down as there'll be no-one for them to direct their bile towards assuming Albion do stay up.

I want Villa to pick up another win & start a few others looking over their shoulders.
Villas league form (across the last 4 matches) might give them a little hope.

Villa don't have enough so called winnable fixtures remaining.
What might keep them hanging on is Newcastle have a tough run of fixtures coming.
Albion are a misery to watch but they'll still pick up more points than the current bottom three.
Norwich look a sorry bunch and have the worse combo of don't look like scoring and always look like conceding.

Leicester have been priced odds against to win 21 of their 25 games this season (I assume that'll be 22 out of 26 come this weekend, can't see anywhere that has them any shorter than 7/2 to win at Arsenal on Sunday at the moment). An accumulator on their 15 wins this season would have had odds of around 5,750,000/1.

Living near to Leicester, my concern for them is that they are now believing they will win the league. Nothing wrong with that, but now the pressure will be on them. Can they cope with that?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35553082

On me mobile, hope that link works. Shows that they have often gone behind, so are no strangers to pressure. Although table position pressure is obviously different to in match pressure. Interesting to see 'the Tinkerman' has made fewer changes to the starting 11 than might have been expected. Also good shout about their fitness levels.
I really hope they can do it, but if they don't fair play for making inroads to the dominance of the current top teams.

Living near to Leicester, my concern for them is that they are now believing they will win the league. Nothing wrong with that, but now the pressure will be on them. Can they cope with that?

You could make this point about every league leader at this time of year, tbf.

Most will have had recent experience of it though, clearly Leicester haven't.

I suppose, but I think that Leicester will perhaps be better for it. The likes of Arsenal are under immense pressure of expectation. Leicester likely will still be thrilled with top 4.

A core of this team won the Championship though, so have had the pressure of leading a league and going on to finish the job. I appreciate this is a whole different level because of the significantly increased exposure, but it must assist them in some way.

I had a wank on Thursday, not sure that'd help me last more than 10 seconds with TayTay if she wanted a Del Wopping tonight.

Back