• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-0 Leicester: Verdict Thread

Fabio should have scored. Great save, but a proper striker doesn’t give Kasper a chance. Also, if he scores, unlikely Vardy gets his chance at the end.

Much improved today. I still think we’re a little predictable, but can’t grumble with the way we played today when we think back to the performance v Chorley a few weeks back, for example.

Looking forward to the next transfer window where we announce Puntswolf as the new record signing based on the fact that he score chances in 5 a side
Hyperbole lost on you?

They have more than they had a couple of games ago!
Clean sheet is back to basics. Like everyone is saying we should have won, but a point is better than none. Jonny being back made a big difference for me. That left side was solid.
Right side is the weak side for me, and where we get killed at times.
That is something to build on. Leicester are 3rd remember!
To be fair Neto was coming back a bit to help, obviously got told off after leaving Kilman stranded against Arse

To be fair Neto was coming back a bit to help, obviously got told off after leaving Kilman stranded against Arse
Agreed, but Jonny is a million times more of a LB than Kilman! Jonny is our number 1 LB/LWB. I'm glad he's back.

Leicester are excellent defensively and press like bastards, don't think they were firing on all cylinders going forward, especially with no Vardy for most of the game, so 0-0 about right.

I don't think with this formation and the way we play it we've got anywhere near enough goals in us. Playing so defensively means we really struggle to transition and it ends up with Adama or Neto just tearing forward on their own, and unless they score goal of the season the odds are just that it'll fizzle out.

Our ambitions and expectations are obviously low this season now, but after steadying the ship we need to find a way to attack more effectively. I appreciate Boly is a blow, but back to 4 ASAP and get that extra body midfield. We aren't learning anything playing like this.

Happy with four points against two good teams, but I'd like to see more adventurousness from us, starting against Southampton

You are allowed too !
I get plenty wrong but some right!
I'm sorry mate, I respect you but............................................................... :ROFLMAO:

We did not put enough men in the box to capitalise on Traore and Neto's fine work. WJ was often the only one. It's why we need another midfielder coming in to the edge of the box. That's not Neves and it's not Moutinho who looks increasingly like a 35 year old.

Can we also sort out our set pieces. They are monumentally awful !

I would have been happy for 4 points this week. It is progress.

Nuno on Jonny. "Jonny going off was something we decided between us, the medical staff and him. He played 45 and played good. It was a substitution regarding not today but the future."
Thank fook for that, but it's how i thought they would play it.

That is a relief Jonny was planned to do 45. Made a good impact on the game and the difference between him and Hoever was pretty clear to see. Hoever has a lot of good attributes but he makes some rash decisions at times.

Fabio should have scored. Great save, but a proper striker doesn’t give Kasper a chance.
Agreed. A striker in form or confidence whips that hard just off the ground, to avoid the goalies feet, into either corner.

Unfortunately, Nuno confirms that both Boly and Podence will be missing for “some time”...

Where is showing the post match interviews?

Where is showing the post match interviews?
Nowhere. Sky immediately jumped in to a Liverpool/Citeh wankfest. I’m just looking at Spiers’ Twitter feed.

If Boly is out for a while I'd be tempted to keep a back three with Donck in.

I guess a back four with Jonny at left back wouldn't be so bad but will lack mobility in the middle (coady and saiss/kilman) against some teams.

Back