• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-0 Leicester: Verdict Thread

Ah it's on BBC feed too.

He doesn't actually say it was planned. Just that they all agreed to it, which could have been at HT.

I still think he got a slight knock they didn't want to risk.

Unfortunately, Nuno confirms that both Boly and Podence will be missing for “some time”...
I thought Donk was a good sub today, but it does mean we are playing 3 at the back for a while - unless Nuno can make Donk and Coady work.

A proper striker would have scored is absolute football fan bollocks. Every striker has missed from there and not had a keeper make a world class save. He should score but that just means if he has that chance 10 times he scores 8 or 9 or if he gets it 20 times he scores at least 16 times. He's had 2 chances in that sort of situation and scored one, missed one. If he gets chances from there regularly as he matures and misses then he has a problem.

Ah it's on BBC feed too.

He doesn't actually say it was planned. Just that they all agreed to it, which could have been at HT.

I still think he got a slight knock they didn't want to risk.

He was jogging post-match too apparently and looked OK.

A proper striker would have scored is absolute football fan bollocks. Every striker has missed from there and not had a keeper make a world class save. He should score but that just means if he has that chance 10 times he scores 8 or 9 or if he gets it 20 times he scores at least 16 times. He's had 2 chances in that sort of situation and scored one, missed one. If he gets chances from there regularly as he matures and misses then he has a problem.
was .49 xG on infogol so it's basically a 1 in 2 chance... we just had the 1 he bloody misses today.

If Boly is out for a while I'd be tempted to keep a back three with Donck in.

I guess a back four with Jonny at left back wouldn't be so bad but will lack mobility in the middle (coady and saiss/kilman) against some teams.

I think we need to find a happy medium.

It renders the season a bit of a void if we just go back to a less effective way of how we always play. I don't want us shipping goals and losing every game either, but surely Semedo Coady Saiss Jonny is a good basis to start. We can't expect to have our entire first choice defence every game, no one else does.

Back to 4231 next weekend for me and let's try put an injury ravaged, out of form team to the sword at home

I thought our back 3 look good today. Donck much better in that role than further forward. So good to see Jonny back. With a little more composure we win that game, I think quite comfortably.

I thought Silva influenced the game more than WJ did, WJ didn't really have anything to work with though to be fair.

Given how we've played in recent weeks this performance is really encouraging

The Palace game has been the only blip in the general turnaround of our form (counting the Chelsea draw).

It's having the killer instinct and finishing off the chances Neto/Traore create that is now our biggest problem.

I'm not digging out Fabio personally, but we can't just be blase about missing gilt-edged chances when we create hardly any

I'm not digging out Fabio personally, but we can't just be blase about missing gilt-edged chances when we create hardly any

Neto should have scored today too. And Traore.

I think we should stick with the same formation for a few games. Let's get some more points on the board, then we can fuck about with formations without thinking about the teams below us.

was .49 xG on infogol so it's basically a 1 in 2 chance... we just had the 1 he bloody misses today.
Yeah. Personally i think it's higher than that but i see where they're coming from. He scores without a world class save which showed off Schmeichel's best attribute i think. As i said i think he should score more often that not from there but i'm ok with a keeper making that save. Can't agree with bollocks like proper strikers score that or whatever as it just isn't true.

It renders the season a bit of a void if we just go back to a less effective way of how we always play. I don't want us shipping goals and losing every game either, but surely Semedo Coady Saiss Jonny is a good basis to start. We can't expect to have our entire first choice defence every game, no one else does.

Back to 4231 next weekend for me and let's try put an injury ravaged, out of form team to the sword at home
I think the formation is less important than the way we approach the game. I would rather 343 with Donck at centre back than 433 with him in midfield, for example. His passing into the the little pockets for Semedo or Traore to receive is actually quite good, even if he does have a rash mistake in him (like a few others).

I think Nuno might look at Southampton who play 442 and think 343 is a better way to approach it. That said, when we played them at home it was Boly and Kilman and we played pretty well (particularly with a 4231). Like I say, I care less about that and more about the midfield defending more like they did today (for more aggressive), the wide forwards and wing-backs joining the attack earlier, and us holding onto the ball better. Certain aspects of that were there today, though far from perfect.

I'm not sure we should play 4231 uber alles. Having options in our locker is a good thing and being able to switch between formations and approaches is also a good thing.

I agree 4 ATB for the next game but I wouldn't want us to be wedded to a system just because

What was the xG on Netos chance? Can't have been far off Silvas

The Palace game has been the only blip in the general turnaround of our form (counting the Chelsea draw).

It's having the killer instinct and finishing off the chances Neto/Traore create that is now our biggest problem.
We just need to create them more consistently. On another day we score, but against Southampton we need to create similar chances or we don't get to see that

Back