• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-1 Bournemouth: Verdict Thread

Tbh I'd happily give next season as a transitional period and go

New GK
Semedo - Mosquera - Toti - New LB

Get a solid Jonny type left back and an experienced commanding keeper.
Mate its very early to be hitting the bottle😆

My view on last night is that our season is petering out because of fatigue.

We've run this squad into the ground and they are suffering with poor form and injuries, while results are clearly being affected. Multiple players either half fit, injured, or returning from injury and not close to match fit again.

It was another game three days after the last one where they had less possession than Arsenal. That would have taken a fair bit out of them, and then to do it all again a few days later is too much to ask. Their energy levels must be on the floor, not to mention they must be dealing with niggly physical issues constantly as a result.

It doesn't bode well for Luton on Saturday that's for sure.

It was another game three days after the last one where they had less possession than Arsenal.
Just on this one - it's yet another game where we've had the lion's share of the ball (63% according to the BBC) but have ended up losing. At some point this stops being an odd statistical quirk and becomes an active issue.

Again an issue with all our defenders, none of them are any better than passable on the ball. In fact Dawson probably has the best passing range. None of them can bring the ball out properly.

We also don't have the control in midfield we used to have with Neves and Moutinho (Wolves fans talking about them in a pejorative sense really, really, really annoys me).

That doesn't make my statement any less true, and I'm not comparing him to Kilman, I'm saying he makes a lot of mistakes.

Leg dangling shit on this goal for example.

Oh and this was the one where I was particularly unimpressed with him.

Megged on goal 1
Totally lost Jackson on 3

He may be the new John Stones, but I think I lot of masterbating over him is a lot to do with him being English.

Na

Sa
Doc Kilman Berra Naylor
As we discussed a few weeks back, the standard of CHs across the board doesn't seem what it was?

Keith Curle only played in the second tier for us and was already nearly 33 when we bought him and yet I don't think I'm being misty-eyed with nostalgia in saying the version we had (let alone what he was like at his peak at Wimbledon/Man City) would be better than anything we have now.

In all seriousness though; between the two of them you couldn't ask for better physical attributes, and I think a lot of Toti's problems stem from how much he's asked to do. Play left of a three, drop in at left back, invert into almost an LDM kind of role...its a lot to ask. Just get the lad to concentrate on defending and I think he's got potential

I like Toti but he does remind me of a gazelle at times. I’m not convinced a back 2 is for him, he’d be better than Max though.

As we discussed a few weeks back, the standard of CHs across the board doesn't seem what it was?

Keith Curle only played in the second tier for us and was already nearly 33 when we bought him and yet I don't think I'm being misty-eyed with nostalgia in saying the version we had (let alone what he was like at his peak at Wimbledon/Man City) would be better than anything we have now.

Totally agree. Think a few of our Championship CBs could make this team.

Neil Collins would fit in ffs

It was fine, the only slight criticism is in one part of an interview he said it wasn't the structure, that clearly wasn't true, the structure was part of the whole debarcle.
But isn’t that structure an attempt to deal with the fact that there were only two senior forwards available. It wouldn’t have been how he chose to play.

I think if we had Lescott and Butler now, they would be automatic choices. Even at their current ages and levels of fitness. 😜😂

But isn’t that structure an attempt to deal with the fact that there were only two senior forwards available. It wouldn’t have been how he chose to play.
But he has to be able to react to not having those players available and structure our defensive play accordingly, not easy I agree but that's probably the next phase of his learning as a coach.
We've been poor most of the season at the back, even with Dawson we still conceded poor goals.

But he has to be able to react to not having those players available and structure our defensive play accordingly, not easy I agree but that's probably the next phase of his learning as a coach.
We've been poor most of the season at the back, even with Dawson we still conceded poor goals.
Which isn’t as easy as it sounds when your two forwards are a half fit Hwang and a fatigued Sarabia. All too often a move forward would break down due to one or the other. Of course he’s still got a lot to learn but he’s dealing with very challenging circumstances at the moment.

Which isn’t as easy as it sounds when your two forwards are a half fit Hwang and a fatigued Sarabia. All too often a move forward would break down due to one or the other. Of course he’s still got a lot to learn but he’s dealing with very challenging circumstances at the moment.
All too predictably a laughing emoji from Johnny 75. You're going to have to explain the joke to me because I can't see what's funny.

I mean he literally goes with one foot.

No idea how Bohemians Doc survived such a vicious assault.

Doc2.png

Back