• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-1 Man Utd: Verdict Thread

If you'd never seen his goal for Leipzig where he did the Marseilles turn and then chipped the keeper I'm convinced you've lived in a cave. Everyone has seen that goal, it was everywhere.
Had to scroll a fair way down the 'Cunha' results on YouTube to find it, never seen it before. Definitely lived in a house in April 2019 though.

Had to scroll a fair way down the 'Cunha' results on YouTube to find it, never seen it before. Definitely lived in a house in April 2019 though.
Was it a very big house in the country?

But yeah, I’m with you on this.

One without the internet I presume. It was goal of the season in the Bundesliga. As I said, 'most' football fans will know who he is, some who only really watch English games or finals wouldn't be aware of him.

One without the internet I presume. It was goal of the season in the Bundesliga. As I said, 'most' football fans will know who he is, some who only really watch English games or finals wouldn't be aware of him.
If it wasn't such a rarity for Bayern's monopoly to be upset then I doubt I could even tell you the Bundesliga champions most years, let alone their goal of the season winner.

I think what I've found in recent years, since I've had no engagement with them, is that games like FIFA and Football Manager really expose people to so much more football, or players at least on a superficial level, than watching actual football matches does. Not to say there aren't those out there that do watch a bonkers amount and variety of football to have some genuine knowledge of players beyond recognising a name and having half a clue about where they might play. I did used to watch more football from Germany, Spain and Italy when it was more readily available on Sky and BT but I can't say I ever picked up much/anything in regards bit part players from also ran clubs in those leagues through doing so. Yet I still remember being psyched when Tevez went to West Ham because I'd signed him once on FM, turned out that stocky little maniac was nothing like the picture I'd painted in my head from the game.

Most English football fans don't watch the Bundesliga, or Serie A, or La Liga or any other league you care to name. Be that live or Twitter clips. Most say they don't, some pretend they do, few actually do.
I rarely even watch Premier League games unless there is a Wolves connection. Watched a bit of the Forest game for Boly, Gibbs-White.

If it wasn't such a rarity for Bayern's monopoly to be upset then I doubt I could even tell you the Bundesliga champions most years, let alone their goal of the season winner.

I think what I've found in recent years, since I've had no engagement with them, is that games like FIFA and Football Manager really expose people to so much more football, or players at least on a superficial level, than watching actual football matches does. Not to say there aren't those out there that do watch a bonkers amount and variety of football to have some genuine knowledge of players beyond recognising a name and having half a clue about where they might play. I did used to watch more football from Germany, Spain and Italy when it was more readily available on Sky and BT but I can't say I ever picked up much/anything in regards bit part players from also ran clubs in those leagues through doing so. Yet I still remember being psyched when Tevez went to West Ham because I'd signed him once on FM, turned out that stocky little maniac was nothing like the picture I'd painted in my head from the game.

I definitely agree on the football manager point, has broadened people's name recognition even without actually seeing what they are like. Although I started to find it way too complicated to play back in 2005, god knows what it's like now. Give me cm01/02 all day every day.

German games are on sky now, I generally just stick whatever game is on when I finish work as I don't really watch any 'proper' tv but can get get anything that's televised on my dodgy box.

Most English football fans don't watch the Bundesliga, or Serie A, or La Liga or any other league you care to name. Be that live or Twitter clips. Most say they don't, some pretend they do, few actually do.

Maybe, probably skews my viewpoint that a fair few of my mates all watch a decent amount of foreign leagues. To the point I think we've got La Liga, Bundesliga and Scottish PL fantasy leagues going currently. Bit sad really.

Maybe, probably skews my viewpoint that a fair few of my mates all watch a decent amount of foreign leagues. To the point I think we've got La Liga, Bundesliga and Scottish PL fantasy leagues going currently. Bit sad really.
I’d say that’s more impressive than sad. I struggle to keep on top of my Barclays fantasy football, let alone another 3 leagues

I’d say that’s more impressive than sad. I struggle to keep on top of my Barclays fantasy football, let alone another 3 leagues

I only play in 2. The PL and Bundesliga but a couple play mad leagues like Holland. I find it bizarre they have the time, one of them has 3 kids under 7 aswell.

RIP texaco championship fantasy football. Peter Whittingham always got bags of points, RIP too

Back