• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-1 Man Utd: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

A reasonable performance scuppered by a lack of quality up front and Lopetegui with an unnecessary formation change. At least we look like competing in every game now though.

Sa my MOTM.

Last edited:
Hope we get someone competent to replace Collins. Raul looks like he can still put the ball in the net at least.

Yeah slightly self inflicted. Between Semedo's complete brainfarts and Jonny's just lack of everything we need a new RB.

Rode our luck a bit 1st half but generally quite even otherwise, not much to be despondent over. We do obviously need new blood though, let's hope they get it sorted quickly.

Can't really complain about losing here, decent performance but having nothing up front is always going to cost us in games like this. Change to the back five did us no favours and left us even more vulnerable once they scored and we virtually went 442.

Too many players on the pitch at the end who either can’t run or can’t pass (or neither).

Deserved to lose even if the ref did everything to help them too.

Plus points Nunes, thought the centre backs were alright and Sa was excellent

What the hell is Toti doing for their goal?

You can point out the lack of strength from Jonny/Collins but Toti is directly in front of Rashford on the 6 yard line and decides to defend it as though its a cross just inside the box with his arms behind his back and turning away as he shoots. Unforgiveable. Got to put your body on the line there and block his shot any way you can.

Podence needs replacing yesterday. Over him.

Encouraged - went toe-to-toe with them - Rashford the difference though maybe Semedo would have done better than Jonny in keeping him out.

Nunes looked like the player we signed - Jonny, Toti and Costa look like areas to strengthen.

Only 5 minutes of injury time played !!!!! Nunes was down for at least 4 and Podence for at least 3 , not including substitutions.
Bloody ref then he blows after 5 min 15 secs. He gave us nothing all match.
Thought we showed plenty of fight but our ball possession in last 20 minutes was crap. I still fancy us to stave off relegation especially with new players coming in.

Entertaining enough. at least showed that we can compete against a decent team too.
Kind of like the renewed energy around the place.
not bad. thought we'd get walloped.

The result was no surprise at all, but we played much more assuredly than I anticipated. Just a little more quality and we'll be properly competitive in games like this. Definitely encouraging, for me. Jones needs a few more refereeing lessons, though.

If that game had been Bruno era it would have been stuff of nightmares. Just getting the players' heads right and pulling in the right direction again is going to make a big difference.

Agree with most of the other stuff here - we were ok but hard to argue with the result.

We just have absolutely nothing in the final third - which just means the ball keeps coming back, putting us under pressure and the inevitable always happens.

We desperately need a whole new forward line.

Podence, Hwang, Traore, Raul, Costa can all do one - they’re nowhere near really.

Nunes looked class. He’s arrived.

I can’t remember the last time we had a central midfielder that could get on the ball and run with it. Brilliant to see and exactly what we need.

Not overly despondent after that.

Decent performance showed the positive effect the new coaching team is having.
Need some new players but that seems likely, so I’m feeling reasonably positive that we will survive.

Decent performance, matched them for large parts of the game, still can't score obviously.
Pains me to say it but Jonny has to be stronger for the goal.
Not usually one to have a pop at refs but that was appalling.
Nunes, Neves and Mouts were very good.
Probably the best Collins and Kilman have played for a while.
Sa was good.

Good riddance to 2022 from a football perspective, been dreadful.
We did alright today performance wise but again walk away empty handed. Very common theme amongst teams that go down.
We faded badly and never looked like getting back into the game.
With forward players we’ve got available currently we’re always going to struggle.
The right result was met in reality as we should’ve been 2-0 down by half time.
We’ve got to many players who were either once good or are living off a good season a few years back.
Midfield looked well balanced today which is a positive, until quality is put in the final 3rd it’s irrelevant though and if players coming in don’t hit the ground running we’re gone.
Big shout out to Robert Jones for another atrocious inconsistent performance by a ref.

Didn’t deserve to lose on the game as a whole, but everything Man U created was due to our errors.

We were too casual and passive and need to be a more aggressive, as the goal came from us being too nice. Traore should have blocked Rashfords run and what Collins was doing is anyone’s guess….he’s not a fuckin CH that’s for sure and Jonny sorry but has gone, complete liability !

We actually played well and dominated the midfield until the changes, hence Casimiro Ericsson and Fernandez were in effective

I believe that We’ll survive, cuz not every team will be as lucky as United and we will start to get some momentum from that performance and a few addititions

And finally another typical inconsistent refereeing performance

Most of the players already look better than under Lage. No quality up top though. Podence has loads of ability but inconsistent and he's our best forward by a mile right now. Another attacker along Cunha is a must.

Today's match showed how good Sa really is. Fantastic performance and looks like a return to the form of last season now that he's playing with actually working ribs. His save from Semedo's brain fart was Murrayesque.

Easily our best keeper of the last 10 years.

Back