• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-1 Man Utd: Verdict Thread

It's a little thing but Collins' body language after the disallowed goal was really, really poor.

We desperately need a CB who can lead.
We've known for 2 or 3 months that we need an experienced leadery CB, however both Collins and Kilman did fine today, neither are going to get through a whole game with no mistakes.
For large parts we were as good as Utd, we just have to find a way of scoring, nothing we don't know. Plenty of work for JL but we already look a more cohesive unit.

The lack of a booking for Casemiro when he bodied checked Neves was appalling refereeing. Perhaps he doesn't make the second challenge on a yellow, but you never know. I fully expected the ref to get his autograph book out at full time.
I said during the game it looked like he was asking a MU player for an autograph. If he’d got the yellow he should have there’s no way he makes the second challenge. If referees aren’t biased just incompetent things should even up soon so Villa should be very worried as we’re owed a lot from the last two games.

It was just a terrible reffing display, so many obvious wrong decisions which affected tthe game, top of my head, Semedos yellow, Casemiro non yellow, Fred's non yellow, Nunes getting chopped in half when we were bursting forward which then lead to Utd almost scoring, 15 seconds extra time following multiple subs.
Usually the big 6 get decisions because they're all over the opposition but this was a 50/50 game. He needs some kind disciplinary but doubt it will happen.

The lack of a booking for Casemiro when he bodied checked Neves was appalling refereeing.
Happened right of him too, he had an excellent view of the incident. Thought it was a very encouraging performance despite the result. I think the change of tactics was a mistake. Costa should be bench warming from now on. Jonny isn`t good enough to be a back up, Semedo is, just about. Sa was our saviour, we could have been three down and dead and buried by half time. Experienced centre-back needed. Killman and Collins can fight it out for the other spot, got a feeling Collins will win that battle. Obviously, a striker is needed. I`d be looking to sell a few to finance the sort of players we need. Confident we will not go down.

Agree with most of what’s been said.

Was an entertaining game and we looked like a football team which is better than it had been. Still nowhere near scoring any goals and even though the individuals in the back 4 played decent today (bar Jonny), they’ve still made mistakes which did and should have led to goals.

Hwang looked like a footballer today which is good, but unfortunately he’s not really a threat in the slightest. Podence probably the best of the three but still miles off the required standard. Costa just got nothing in him, but fortunately Cunha in now.

Midfield 3 were all decent even if Moutinho playing there isn’t actually going to lead to any goals.

Sa had a good game.

JL got it wrong going deep, and regardless of Semedo being on a yellow, that’s an awful sub. Ending the game with Toti, Jonny, RAN. Hwang, Adama, Raul who are either not good enough, tired or in the wrong position we were never going to get back in.

I thought it was a good, battling performance today and deserved a point but we are still suffering from having no focal point in attack. Defended well but there were still some farts, Semedo's in particular which Sa managed to rescue. He looked like Sa of last season on a few occasions rescuing us though a poor throw out second half put us under unnecessary pressure though he did well with the resulting move in the end.

Nunes was excellent I thought, his best game for us yet and gave great optimism for what is to come from him. Thought Traore had a much better game today when he came on though was expecting him to replace Hwang rather than Costa. Podence continues to over complicate things at times with trying to be too clever.

Jonny was a poor replacement for Semedo but RAN looked lively again when introduced and can consider himself unlucky not to be starting at the moment.

The ref, as others have said, was diabolical. Giving United free kicks every time we looked at one of their players but ignoring several challenges on our players. The Semedo booking was ridiculous and only 5 minutes added after lengthy treatment to Nunes, several subs and a VAR check was pathetic though was a nice experience seeing their goal chalked off by VAR.

Good things to come (hopefully) as the players get more used to the Lop regime and players coming in January to add to what we have.

Oh and we didn’t lose because of the ref but it can only be described as incompetent, subconscious bias or corrupt.

Subjective things you can let go (sort of). Only adding 5 minutes and then only 15 seconds when Bruno Fernandes took about a minute to get off the pitch is just indefensible.

Oh and we didn’t lose because of the ref but it can only be described as incompetent, subconscious bias or corrupt.

Subjective things you can let go (sort of). Only adding 5 minutes and then only 15 seconds when Bruno Fernandes took about a minute to get off the pitch is just indefensible.
The disallowed goal. They spent a minute celebrating. They spent a minute strolling back into their half. VAR then took at least another minute.

We'll have all that back, please.

The disallowed goal. They spent a minute celebrating. They spent a minute strolling back into their half. VAR then took at least another minute.

We'll have all that back, please.
Said before that goal there should have been about 7. Podence and Nunes down for ages, a goal, 6 subs. Then after that there was then the disallowed goal, Rashford time wasting booking and 2 slow subs.

That is just factually wrong to play 5:15 and not just a little bit, like at least 50% and I’m being generous.

We might be a more cohesive unit now , but we simply have to score goals or we're heading down .
Leeds got something today at a difficult venue , same with Everton and Southampton were not far off getting a point .
I'd be confident of staying up if we could score , but where are those goals coming from ?

We might be a more cohesive unit now , but we simply have to score goals or we're heading down .
Leeds got something today at a difficult venue , same with Everton and Southampton were not far off getting a point .
I'd be confident of staying up if we could score , but where are those goals coming from ?

New players.

If Costa, Adama, Raul, Hwang and Guedes never played for us again I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

How many goals did Leeds get today?

Back