• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-1 Man Utd: Verdict Thread

Who was Collins’ CB partner(s) last season?

Well boo. I honestly know fuck all about him aside from his handsome face.

He a more vocal player?

Not just a striker.We need 2 up top who can play off each other .Having 2 non scoring wide players and an isolated non scoring lone striker is killing us ..We need to tweak the system . 10 goals is pathetic. We couldn't score in a brothel

Not just a striker.We need 2 up top who can play off each other .Having 2 non scoring wide players and an isolated non scoring lone striker is killing us ..We need to tweak the system . 10 goals is pathetic. We couldn't score in a brothel
Thought your texting mate told you who we’re signing?

And Spanish bar owner Glasgo obvs.

The annoying thing about the ref yesterday is that he’ll get away with it. I’m not one for conspiracy theory etc but yesterday’s performance gives all conspiracy theorists the ammunition they need.
The injury time was an utter disgrace, very much felt like “Man Utd are ahead so let’s end things asap”
End of the day one of the sky 6 won so no one cares.

A right back and a striker are the top priorities .
An experienced centre back as well , but the first two are the most important .

Experienced centre back is more important than a right back for me. Apart from the underhit pass back to Sa, Semedo was fine yesterday. United got no joy down that side (or either side really) until we brought Jonny on

Experienced centre back is more important than a right back for me. Apart from the underhit pass back to Sa, Semedo was fine yesterday. United got no joy down that side (or either side really) until we brought Jonny on

Agree with this, I'd want to start with new guy + Collins, and Kilman as backup/extra man if we change formation rather than Toti

Of all the players we've been linked to I think Nacho would be the one for me. Can cover both spots to a ridiculously high level.

Might want to see how Cunha plays first eh?
I think it's a bit optimistic to just rely on Cunha, I'd like another striker.
RB ( competition for Semedo) and experienced CB are priorities though imo.

Might want to see how Cunha plays first eh?
Don't think he'll solve our lack of goals as such . He's another forward , we've bought a fair few of those in recent years with little success in the goal scoring stakes .
You mentioned Leeds yesterday as not scoring against Newcastle , but they have scored way more goals than we have this season , 23 in the league .
I believe we'll improve at the back with a new right back , even if we signed no centre back .
Improving up front with more goals is an entirely different ball of wax.
Our lack of goals goes back to our last season under Nuno .

I think it's a bit optimistic to just rely on Cunha, I'd like another striker.
RB ( competition for Semedo) and experienced CB are priorities though imo.
I'm hoping JL can get the best out of Raul who looked ok when he came on yesterday.

If Raul doesn't want to be here then maybe get somebody in for 6 months until Sasa (and the Guedes-esque Silva) back and have a look at him (them).

Don't think he'll solve our lack of goals as such . He's another forward , we've bought a fair few of those in recent years with little success in the goal scoring stakes .
You mentioned Leeds yesterday as not scoring against Newcastle , but they have scored way more goals than we have this season , 23 in the league .
I believe we'll improve at the back with a new right back , even if we signed no centre back .
Improving up front with more goals is an entirely different ball of wax.
Our lack of goals goes back to our last season under Nuno .
So you haven't seen the guy play, know nothing about him at all yet he won't solve our problems scoring goals.

Ludicrous logic.

Weren't you championing Ronan too? A player who will be binned shortly.

I'm hoping JL can get the best out of Raul who looked ok when he came on yesterday.

If Raul doesn't want to be here then maybe get somebody in for 6 months until Sasa (and the Guedes-esque Silva) back and have a look at him (them).
That's fair enough, I've been holding out hope for a while JL will get something out of Raul and Jonny again but that hope is fading fast, Jonny looks completely done and he hasn't really trusted Raul to play many minutes yet.

I think we need another forward option to complement Cunha, as I think our lack of goals is a broader issue than one which can be fixed by an individual player. Let's say he scored 7 between now and the end of the season, 1 in 3 which we should all be delighted with then I still don't see enough goals from whichever combination of Guedes, Hwang, Podence, Raul, Costa or Traore you put up there with him. Neto being the exception, but that's a big gamble at this stage. Doesn't need to be a centre forward, but someone who plays across the forward line with a better eye for goal than the current version of all those listed

If we can shift Guedes and Hwang for a replacement wide forward I’d definitely take it. Neto should only be a few weeks away I think?

I think we need another forward option to complement Cunha, as I think our lack of goals is a broader issue than one which can be fixed by an individual player. Let's say he scored 7 between now and the end of the season, 1 in 3 which we should all be delighted with then I still don't see enough goals from whichever combination of Guedes, Hwang, Podence, Raul, Costa or Traore you put up there with him. Neto being the exception, but that's a big gamble at this stage. Doesn't need to be a centre forward, but someone who plays across the forward line with a better eye for goal than the current version of all those listed
Huge gamble with Neto as he wasn’t pulling up any trees before his latest injury. Hope he will rediscover the previous form on his return, rather than beforehand just being a hot streak.

Back