• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-1 Man Utd: Verdict Thread

Think Cunha is the wide forward/10 type isn't he?

We are alright today until the final 3rd. Nunes was excellent and I thought Collins and Kilman were a lot better.
I think Cunha had been bought as a 9 but yes I've seen him play as a wide forward. (I will add I've seen him play twice and that's it, not much to draw a conclusion from)

Not a 10 though.

I think we're after a more Odegaard/ De Bruyne type

Last edited:
New players.

If Costa, Adama, Raul, Hwang and Guedes never played for us again I wouldn't bat an eyelid.
Yes , but are we buying or loaning 4 new players in January ? Players who can score ?
The entire Premier League managers put together are looking for a striker , they are really hard to find . .a good one that is .
The main positive we have right now is that it is very crowded down at the bottom , with a lot of teams getting pulled into the relegation dog fight.
Our new Manager needs time if we are to become a goal scoring team . Not getting cut adrift at this stage is critical .

Yes , but are we buying or loaning 4 new players in January ? Players who can score ?
The entire Premier League managers put together are looking for a striker , they are really hard to find . .a good one that is .
The main positive we have right now is that it is very crowded down at the bottom , with a lot of teams getting pulled into the relegation dog fight.
Our new Manager needs time if we are to become a goal scoring team . Not getting cut adrift at this stage is critical .
Managers not looking for a striker:

Jurgen Klopp
Pep Guardiola
Antonio Conte
Patrick Viera
Steve Cooper
Marco Silva
Eddie Howe

Who cares if we're buying or loaning. Literally makes no difference.

Maybe so, but Everton are no better than us these times , so there was always a chance .
Newcastle on the other hand are in top form .
Yet Everton drew with City today 🤷

Just watched the goal back. Absolutely no idea why Jonny has shown Rashford inside. Goal basically doesn’t happen if he doesn’t particularly as the overlap is killing the space and Adama has actually tracked thay surprisingly.

Decent one two but then the tackles/efforts after that though from Jonny, Collins and Toti aren’t good enough though. Shouldn’t have even happened, he should have been running down the dead end.

Yet Everton drew with City today 🤷
I'm not sure we have a single player on the books who can score the type of goal that Gray scored today.

And I don’t mean that as an endorsement of Gray.

We don't need four. Just all those above in 2023 are shit and they shouldn't be playing.

Raul and Costa you can forgive due to injuries/age and Hwang does at least try.

Forgetting about the real issues, and before anyone points out it probably did more and than good, I loved Collins run through the middle of the pitch. There’s something great about seeing a centre half embark on an insane direct dribble, it gladdens my (LAGE BLACKENED) soul. Oops sorry about that, only 4 and a bit hours left before I let go. Reminded me of a young Pallister at Ayresome Park, or Bill McLaren and his ‘mad giraffe’ commentary.

More of that I say :)

Just watched the goal back. Absolutely no idea why Jonny has shown Rashford inside. Goal basically doesn’t happen if he doesn’t particularly as the overlap is killing the space and Adama has actually tracked thay surprisingly.

Decent one two but then the tackles/efforts after that though from Jonny, Collins and Toti aren’t good enough though. Shouldn’t have even happened, he should have been running down the dead end.
He's got two options when he first closes Rashford down.

Show him the line, isolated from his team mates into a dead end on his weaker foot or inside on his stronger foot, closer to goal and with team mates in support. Absolutely appalling that he went for the latter, complete joke.

Will give Collins a bit of leeway on his part, Rashford beats him to the ball so if he's more committed to the challenge them it's possibly a penalty against him, could have had a bearing on him holding back to some extent. Toti too to a lesser extent, he's firefighting at that point when it should never have got that far, anything he does is just clutching at straws really.

Managers not looking for a striker:

Jurgen Klopp
Pep Guardiola
Antonio Conte
Patrick Viera
Steve Cooper
Marco Silva
Eddie Howe

Who cares if we're buying or loaning. Literally makes no difference.

In fairness, Steve cooper could end up with a completely new starting 11 in Jan.

He's got two options when he first closes Rashford down.

Show him the line, isolated from his team mates into a dead end on his weaker foot or inside on his stronger foot, closer to goal and with team mates in support. Absolutely appalling that he went for the latter, complete joke.

Will give Collins a bit of leeway on his part, Rashford beats him to the ball so if he's more committed to the challenge them it's possibly a penalty against him, could have had a bearing on him holding back to some extent. Toti too to a lesser extent, he's firefighting at that point when it should never have got that far, anything he does is just clutching at straws really.
Collins least to blame for sure.

It’s normally more than one mistake that leads to goals, but Jonny actually being responsible for the two biggest errors in the peice is awful.

It’s weird, fair enough he’s been injured so he may be physically less at it and then technically he might have lost a bit in his use of the ball etc. but your brain should be there forever.

Collins least to blame for sure.

It’s normally more than one mistake that leads to goals, but Jonny actually being responsible for the two biggest errors in the peice is awful.

It’s weird, fair enough he’s been injured so he may be physically less at it and then technically he might have lost a bit in his use of the ball etc. but your brain should be there forever.

Doesn't trust his body enough to stay with anyone for pace so he's showing them inside to where the support is rather than being isolated 1v1.

Jonny is a massive liability. Should be off-loaded in January.

We don't need four. Just all those above in 2023 are shit and they shouldn't be playing.

Raul and Costa you can forgive due to injuries/age and Hwang does at least try.
Hwang is very trying. I thought after his World Cup performance he might turn up at last.

Doesn't trust his body enough to stay with anyone for pace so he's showing them inside to where the support is rather than being isolated 1v1.
It did cross my mind. But then you simply can’t play at this level if that’s the case. Plus Traore was covering that space anyway, it was a literal dead end on his weak foot.

And the pitch is so condensed there you’ve literally got to be towing a caravan to get done round the outside. Tugboat CBs don’t get done out there against quick players and he’s not *that* slow/unagile

Back