• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-1 Norwich (FA Cup 4th Rd): Verdict Thread

I think it's a bit more nuanced than that. They score from the 2 good saves he makes then nobody questions him. He's an adequate back up keeper. On a par with what most PL sides have. Most PL reserves are young or mercenaries, he happens to be in the latter camp

I think it's a bit more nuanced than that. They score from the 2 good saves he makes then nobody questions him. He's an adequate back up keeper. On a par with what most PL sides have. Most PL reserves are young or mercenaries, he happens to be in the latter camp
I don't know if most keepers make some of the mistakes Ruddy has made in the limited games he's had in the last few years. He's a liability, just have to hope we never have to actually use him in the league.

I don't know if most keepers make some of the mistakes Ruddy has made in the limited games he's had in the last few years. He's a liability, just have to hope we never have to actually use him in the league.
He's a Championship level keeper, at a PL club earning PL money. Darlow, Hennessey, Areola, Begovic etc etc aren't any better

Sooner get our youngsters involved sometime this season. Sarkic is back now although injured yes?

Sooner get our youngsters involved sometime this season. Sarkic is back now although injured yes?
Out for the season and not really a youngster. I think he was more seen as an opportunity to turn a few quid, but wouldn't be against him being number 2 next year

Out for the season and not really a youngster. I think he was more seen as an opportunity to turn a few quid, but wouldn't be against him being number 2 next year
He’s only 24! But I agree, he looks a great Sa back up . Height and ability looks good. He would benefit from a year behind Sa. I am nervous a bit team will come in for Sa in the summer. He looks a 30m keeper all day long for us and Fosun may smell a profit. Kilman is another. He has been a revelation and we will have trouble keeping hold of him if the money teams come knocking.I think it’s a huge year for Wolves and the summer is key. Not just who we sign but who we keep .

No one is that desperate for a #1 keeper, Albion only wanted about £10m for Johnstone last summer due to his contract situation and they couldn't get rid of him.

Certainly no one is bidding £30m (would be one of the most expensive keepers in the history of football) for Sa.

I am nervous a bit team will come in for Sa in the summer. He looks a 30m keeper all day long for us and Fosun may smell a profit. Kilman is another. He has been a revelation and we will have trouble keeping hold of him if the money teams come knocking.I think it’s a huge year for Wolves and the summer is key. Not just who we sign but who we keep .
Your spirit animal is Eeyore.

Good
No one is that desperate for a #1 keeper, Albion only wanted about £10m for Johnstone last summer due to his contract situation and they couldn't get rid of him.

Certainly no one is bidding £30m (would be one of the most expensive keepers in the history of football) for Sa.
Yesterday showed the difference he makes .

He’s only 24! But I agree, he looks a great Sa back up . Height and ability looks good. He would benefit from a year behind Sa. I am nervous a bit team will come in for Sa in the summer. He looks a 30m keeper all day long for us and Fosun may smell a profit. Kilman is another. He has been a revelation and we will have trouble keeping hold of him if the money teams come knocking.I think it’s a huge year for Wolves and the summer is key. Not just who we sign but who we keep .
Blues fans really enjoyed his distribution.

Coady still playing with an injury too it seems

I don't think he did. I just think he got deluded into what Donk could do going forwards after a couple of decent forward runs in previous games.

He'll never play him in that role again.
Pretty much what Bruno said then.

Seems to me Bruno needs to be looking in the mirror rather than throwing Dendoncker under the bus for asking him to do things he can't

Agreed.

I've given Donk a round of fucks because his actual game has been poor for a very long time not because he can't drift between the lines and suddenly pick slide rule forward passes. Even those who have supported Donk can see thats never his game so why an earth is the coach asking him to do it.

Bruno has credit in the bank but its definitely on him.

Bit harsh of the manager to specifically name check a player in an interview; but actually, I sort of like it. Kind of a "no fucks given" attitude.

What concerns me more are the comments from Lage about the squad. I'm genuinely concerned that he might leave if not backed, in the summer. Fosun very much appear to be playing with fire. It's a dangerous game, because it's already evident that some fans are losing, or have lost patience with their transfer policy/general running of the club already (see the ST discussion thread).

Lage seems monumentally pissed off with the options he has available & until we get a few more players back from injury, I can't say I blame him.

Back