• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-1 Norwich (FA Cup 4th Rd): Verdict Thread

Bit harsh of the manager to specifically name check a player in an interview; but actually, I sort of like it. Kind of a "no fucks given" attitude.
It's also how you lose the dressing room. Clearly that won't be the case here anytime soon

Most people are pondering whether to renew because of the price, not transfer policy.
Agreed, but if you feel we’re likely to bring in better players it would soften the blow. Paying top six prices for lower mid-table spending certainly brings the cost into sharper focus.

“the first thing I said to my brother when we came out was they look angry, we need to get out of here as soon as possible.”

That would be the same Norwich fans who were widely reported on social media ripping out chairs whilst inside the ground?

Was working the Saturday so missed the game, shame to get knocked out of the cup, I'm still hurting from the semi-final a few years back, really did think we were going to a final. The result topped a pretty awful weekend of sports results for me, excluding my U9s team who are turning into something special!

Lage isn't leaving of his own accord, he isn't going to get a better job than Wolves at this stage of his career.

Lage isn't leaving of his own accord, he isn't going to get a better job than Wolves at this stage of his career.
Not sure about that. Given how he's performed so far this season with this Wolves squad I think there would be teams who would take good long look at him.

That would be the same Norwich fans who were widely reported on social media ripping out chairs whilst inside the ground?

Was working the Saturday so missed the game, shame to get knocked out of the cup, I'm still hurting from the semi-final a few years back, really did think we were going to a final. The result topped a pretty awful weekend of sports results for me, excluding my U9s team who are turning into something special!
Hmmmm. “People were climbing over gardens and fences” to escape the violence were they? By the subway? Which has no garden within half a mile of it?

You ran this line in the summer and it was difficult to argue that he got the job here based on who he knows, rather than what he’d achieved. But he’ll (quite rightly) be on a lot of clubs radars now.

Either way, let’s hope Fosun don’t continue to play with fire so we don’t have to find out.

Not sure about that. Given how he's performed so far this season with this Wolves squad I think there would be teams who would take good long look at him.
His stock has undoubtedly risen, I guess it depends on how hung up you are on the word better. I think he'd get another PL job if he walked in the Summer - Bielsa leaving Leeds for example, but not better in the league table sense

Hmmmm. “People were climbing over gardens and fences” to escape the violence were they? By the subway? Which has no garden within half a mile of it?
Yep, i thought the same, there's a lot about this that sounds like bollocks.

There's probably an element of truth in it. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if someone got a punch to the back of the head by the subway, however I don't believe people for fleaing for their lives

He'd struggle to get a better job elsewhere. He'd be on radars for other jobs but to think that top 6 clubs here or champions league clubs abroad will be looking at him on the back of getting a side who have twice finished 7th, into a current spot of 8th is hardly showing Europe that he is the next big thing in management.

I'm happy with him and I have no doubts that he was pissed off with what happened on Saturday. He was quite content to say that he was happy to play with his limited squad when the narrative suited after a win, so to complain too much after a defeat to a poor side when he had 10 of his best XI available is disingenuous.

We have never had a manager poached in our history. Can’t say I’m overly worried that will change any time soon and really can’t see Lage walking. Teams bigger than us will want to see at least a second season before showing any serious interest in him. Two years ago Wilder was the flavour of the month yet he had to go back to a Championship club to get a job.

Plus the photos seem to indicate Norwich fans were in the quadrant (you can see the upper tier front Perspex screens). The police normally usher away fans up the street between the uni buildings and ASDA car park. There is a big police cordon.

So why were these fans by the subway at all?

You ran this line in the summer and it was difficult to argue that he got the job here based on who he knows, rather than what he’d achieved. But he’ll (quite rightly) be on a lot of clubs radars now.

Either way, let’s hope Fosun don’t continue to play with fire so we don’t have to find out.
He isn't getting the Man Utd job and no one else currently above us is likely to change their manager. If they did, he wouldn't be anywhere near anyway.

He would get another job, he wouldn't get a better job.

I could see one of the bigger Spanish clubs wanting him.

It's also how you lose the dressing room. Clearly that won't be the case here anytime soon

Depends on the characters, some people respond to criticism, want to prove a point but others will retire into their shells or get upset and down tools.

You'd hope he knows the players well enough to know who responds to which prompts.

Plus the photos seem to indicate Norwich fans were in the quadrant (you can see the upper tier front Perspex screens). The police normally usher away fans up the street between the uni buildings and ASDA car park. There is a big police cordon.

So why were these fans by the subway at all?
There were quite a few Norwich fans on pur train back after the game. Clearly going the wrong way, but must have got to the station pretty sharpish.

Back