• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-1 Villa: Verdict Thread

You’ve been told before and don’t listen.

So you have three options
a) listen
b) stop moaning about people pulling up your posts
c) stop posting.
I’d rather you picked a) or b) but it’s up to you.

How about option d) let him be himself and people can just agree/disagree with him instead of all this tone policing. Why does he have to change what he thinks or says to fit in?

It's like a religious cult on here or some weird Wolves equivalent of Momentum the way some of you go on. There isn't one pure way of seeing things or being a Wolves supporter.

I like Cyber, he challenges and puts himself out there, which is far more interesting than people who just criticise others without putting their perspectives.

needs to learn when to stop though, because going on and on is just painful for everyone, I think that’s his biggest issue.

needs to learn when to stop though, because going on and on is just painful for everyone, I think that’s his biggest issue.
True.
But put yourself in his place when you routinely have three/four/five/six (often senior) posters all ripping at something you've said in unison. It's blood in the water time. It would make you defensive and then double down on what was probably just a throwaway point.

He's not the only one who needs to learn when to stop IMO

How about option d) let him be himself and people can just agree/disagree with him instead of all this tone policing. Why does he have to change what he thinks or says to fit in?

It's like a religious cult on here or some weird Wolves equivalent of Momentum the way some of you go on. There isn't one pure way of seeing things or being a Wolves supporter.
People do disagree, and explain why. Cyber doesn’t listen which then leads to posting some victim complex. Which loses and credibility for the accurate things he might have said and they get lost.

I’d rather not be accused of being part of some kind of cult. I don’t know anyone on here. We had our disagreements on the Villa thread. I wasn’t personal, I don’t resort to abuse. I always try to articulate my points constructively, I do the same for everyone. Go back to my response to Cybers Donck up top suggestion. I put plenty of footballing reasons why that would be a disaster.

I've got him on ignore now, which I would advise anyone else to do if they feel his posting style is quite tedious.

I've got him on ignore now, which I would advise anyone else to do if they feel his posting style is quite tedious.

I'm sure he's really enjoying reading this call to arms to ostracise him, mate!

People do disagree, and explain why. Cyber doesn’t listen which then leads to posting some victim complex. Which loses and credibility for the accurate things he might have said and they get lost.
Disagreeing is fine, but none of the people explained why, just all said his analysis was pointless and then someone made the usual 'ooh you're negative' dig.

Of course, no-one needs to explain why they disagree to him, and he's undoubtedly developed a victim complex and undoubtedly doesn't always know when to stop, but tbf he's the only one on here who gets such dismissive, patronising treatment. We can all say stupid shit sometimes, most people just get away with it.

People bite with Cyber because it's pleasurable to safely gang up on someone, that's all.

Reactions: b3h
Bluntly, I like Cyber. Sure, he says things people disagree with, but he's no more extreme one way than other posters are in the opposite direction. "I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." Rousseau? I don't know. I can't remember much philosophy from uni...

You're never going to help yourself when you come out with stuff like we "fluked" a win against Leeds. Did we heck as like. It's not based in reality.

He can post what he wants but you will get pulled up if you come out with rubbish.

I'm sure he's really enjoying reading this call to arms to ostracise him, mate!
Ha, sorry I didn't mean it like that! I mean rather than argue with or have a go at someone, if you don't like it use that function.

Anyway, I *think* we had a game at the weekend...

Anyway, I *think* we had a game at the weekend...
Yeah we lost...can you tell? ;)

Well, I do if I'm the one replying :D

Do you think we fluked a win in that game? Because I don't and I don't think anyone else did at the time.

This is the thing, just because he sometimes doesn't agree with the dominant POV it doesn't mean it's 'rubbish'. I don't see what the problem is in making space for people who see things differently. It's hardly like he doesn't explain himself.

And I really disagree with this utopian idea that 'you talk crap you get pulled up', it just doesn't work like that for everyone, no way.

I don't put anyone on 'ignore' whats the point of a forum if you don't take other people's viewpoint into consideration. Personally if someone posts something I find unpleasant or if I think an argument is going nowhere, I just scroll past and accept we have a different view.
I feel sometimes lots of people have a similar view on many things but end up arguing minor differences to an extreme level and falling out...baffles me

Well, I do if I'm the one replying :D

Do you think we fluked a win in that game? Because I don't and I don't think anyone else did at the time.
Every Leeds fan I know thinks we fluked a win. xG for the game was 1.29 - 0.48

Back