• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-2 Brentford: Verdict Thread

For all the:

We score plenty of goals we don't need a forwarders

Fans always want one more signingsers

Fosun have been really smart with the way they've handled FFPers

The Fraser is a 9 he can coverers.

That one's for you

It was just so weird, if you want to give Semedo 10 minutes off because the game is basically over then fine. But why put Doherty at LWB, Ait-Nouri at LCH and Neto at RWB?!
So that he (Doc) can receive the ball by the touchline, pass it back to same player and then run in the general direction of the 18 yard box while pointing. Glorious.

No idea what that substitution was all about.

3 have 3 fit forwards and an 18 year old who is understandably not at this level. And one of those forwards isn’t even a forward (I don’t know what he is?)

I'd take Pinnock and Toney...ooh wait, we are always on FFP restrictions, what about city and chelsea then?

For all the:

That one's for you
Today was a bit of an outlier though. Yes another forward would have maybe helped but I couldn't see us scoring even if we had Hwang on the pitch.

I'd take Pinnock and Toney...ooh wait, we are always on FFP restrictions, what about city and chelsea then?
They make a lot in player sales every season. And have massive revenues compared to us. Chalk and cheese.

They make a lot in player sales every season. And have massive revenues compared to us. Chalk and cheese.

And even accepting that this is Fred we're talking to, why is Ivan Toney going to move from Brentford to Wolves? We do have quite a few Coral and Paddy Power branches in the city centre I suppose.

And even accepting that this is Fred we're talking to, why is Ivan Toney going to move from Brentford to Wolves? We do have quite a few Coral and Paddy Power branches in the city centre I suppose.
I did jokingly say on the match thread that they apparently want £70m for Toney. So sell Neto for similar and just buy Toney. Not that he would ever want to come to us.

I fear that we might look back on the day our season started to stutter to a halt. Cunha is the one player we can least afford to miss and if he’s out for long we’ll be treading water grate that the league really has some poor teams this season.

Sa really needs to learn that just because a player is calling for the ball he doesn’t have to give it to them. He can see where the opposition are and needs better judgement.

Both Semedo and RAN wasters the final ball into the box which undid some great work to get into those positions. I swear if Semedo was aiming at the old South Bank and there was just one defender in front of him he’d still hit the ball at him.

Generally seemed to be lacking a bit all round the pitch. Sarabia probably made least errors and played some nice balls. Bellegarde looked ok for 5 minutes and after that might as well not been there. Fraser understandably took a safety first approach but nothing he did suggests he should be more than a 10 minute option.

It would be nice to think we can bounce back against Spurs but if Cunha is injured I think it’s unlikely.

It just shows how much difference quality players make to teams in our bracket.

Without Toney Brentford looked toothless and now they look much better.

Without Cunha we look less likely to score. We're never going to be able to replace Cunha without a drop off in quality. But the drop to JRB / Fraser is too much.

For all the:

That one's for you
Sorry Tony, this just comes across as a little bit gloaty and self-righteous, especially given the context that we have just failed to score in our first home game in a year, we are on course to set our best PL goal scoring tally, and we have just come off scoring 9 goals in 3 games.

Everyone accepts that GON wanted to add a forward and is disappointed we didn't. Using this one game to rub it in is a little bit cheap IMO.

The loss is on Fosun and Jeff, it was always going to happen. Can’t run one player into the ground and expect it to carry on without consequences.

GON’s tactical changes and subs, from Bellegarde to Doc, were stupid. Even taking Toti off when Kilman and Dawson had been worse was daft.

Dawson was poor. He's been a bit poor for a few games IMO. I'd be tempted to give Santi Bueno a start next week.

I think today demonstrated that we have a decent first team, but we don't have a squad with strength in depth.

Sorry Tony, this just comes across as a little bit gloaty and self-righteous, especially given the context that we have just failed to score in our first home game in a year, we are on course to set our best PL goal scoring tally, and we have just come off scoring 9 goals in 3 games.

Everyone accepts that GON wanted to add a forward and is disappointed we didn't. Using this one game to rub it in is a little bit cheap IMO.
You see that because as you've made me aware on more than one occasion before that's how you see me, which is fine.

It comes from a position of anger and frustration rather than gloating or self righteousness. We lost 2 forwards one pre game and one during it and are left playing a kid who is miles off PL level at the moment - not his fault, nobody at the club thinks he is either. Being in that situation was eminently possible it just happens to have happened just over a week after the window closes. People inside and outside the club chose to ignore that possibility, if being angry about that makes me guilty of the other things you accuse me of then I'm happy to wear it.

Was also a shit late challenge on Cunha for the injury. Did the ref do anything, did he arse.
I don't think it was. The replay they showed he was next to a defender but stretched to play the ball away with his right foot and slid over at the same time. I assumed he pulled/tweaked something.

Back