• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-2 Brentford: Verdict Thread

I fear that we might look back on the day our season started to stutter to a halt. Cunha is the one player we can least afford to miss and if he’s out for long we’ll be treading water grate that the league really has some poor teams this season.

Sa really needs to learn that just because a player is calling for the ball he doesn’t have to give it to them. He can see where the opposition are and needs better judgement.

Both Semedo and RAN wasters the final ball into the box which undid some great work to get into those positions. I swear if Semedo was aiming at the old South Bank and there was just one defender in front of him he’d still hit the ball at him.

Generally seemed to be lacking a bit all round the pitch. Sarabia probably made least errors and played some nice balls. Bellegarde looked ok for 5 minutes and after that might as well not been there. Fraser understandably took a safety first approach but nothing he did suggests he should be more than a 10 minute option.

It would be nice to think we can bounce back against Spurs but if Cunha is injured I think it’s unlikely.
When we lost Neto we were saying the same thing. GON finds solutions and other players step up. Hopefully Cunha is OK.

When we lost Neto we were saying the same thing. GON finds solutions and other players step up. Hopefully Cunha is OK.
Cunha makes so much happen. He brings the best out of Neto. Time will tell I guess. Hopefully he’s fine and we don’t find out!

The loss is on Fosun and Jeff, it was always going to happen. Can’t run one player into the ground and expect it to carry on without consequences.

GON’s tactical changes and subs, from Bellegarde to Doc, were stupid. Even taking Toti off when Kilman and Dawson had been worse was daft.
I disagree. GON tried something different by taking Toti off and it gave us more authority on the game. As a result, we enjoyed huge amounts of possession and attacked relentlessly. Then we made a stupid mistake.

As regard Bellegarde... who else was going to come on for Cunha?
Doc... I can agree with you on that one.

I disagree. GON tried something different by taking Toti off and it gave us more authority on the game. As a result, we enjoyed huge amounts of possession and attacked relentlessly. Then we made a stupid mistake.

As regard Bellegarde... who else was going to come on for Cunha?
Doc... I can agree with you on that one.
I’m fine with us going 4 at the back but why take off the best defender and leave passive Max and calamity Dawson on?

Cunha makes so much happen. He brings the best out of Neto. Time will tell I guess. Hopefully he’s fine and we don’t find out!
When we lost Neto, he was literally the only player creating something. Cunha has had an upsurge in form recently and is making more right decisions than he previously was. I agree he has helped us a great deal over the last two months but disagree that he brings the best out of Neto. Neto is and always has been pretty consistent.

I’m fine with us going 4 at the back but why take off the best defender and leave passive Max and calamity Dawson on?
Toti isn't the best defender IMO. He was the worst last weekend and was abysmal v Utd. He's been pretty poor for the last 2 months as he is constantly out of position.

GON made the right decision as far as I'm concerned once he decided to go in that direction. Besides, Dawson and Kilman have far more experience when we change formations.

Toti isn't the best defender IMO. He was the worst last weekend and was abysmal v Utd. He's been pretty poor for the last 2 months as he is constantly out of position.

GON made the right decision as far as I'm concerned once he decided to go in that direction. Besides, Dawson and Kilman have far more experience when we change formations.
What?

Gaz says it may be a hamstring issue for Cunha (clearly not torn or anything) and we'll have to see in the week, and hopefully Hwang is back next week too.

Also calls out Brentford's shit style but accepts that's what they do and regardless it's our fault we lost. Which is fair enough.

Grade 1 hammy is usually 1-2 weeks. Hopefully it'll just be a slight strain and not that bad.

Rest up until BHA in the cup for Cuhna

Hwang said he was fine 🤷🏻‍♂️

You fucking read. Now watch his positional play next time. Part of the issue is our tactics as we push him forward sometimes far too much but other times he just wanders and gets the wrong side of his opponent. RAN also did it a few times today so Toti isn't alone.
But if you're seriously suggesting Toti is our best defender then I'd strongly suggest you know nothing about the defensive work of a team.

When we lost Neto, he was literally the only player creating something. Cunha has had an upsurge in form recently and is making more right decisions than he previously was. I agree he has helped us a great deal over the last two months but disagree that he brings the best out of Neto. Neto is and always has been pretty consistent.
Without Cunha our only threat is Neto and today Brentford realised that and suffocated him. Both are key players, I just hope we don’t get to find out how important Cunha is as I think he’d be a massive loss as he fills the central role brilliantly.

In his interview on WM Post match GON said it was Hwang's choice to not play inferring he wanted to be cautious
Saving himself to play against his mate next week. Very noticeable that Son set up Tottingham's winning goal today after coming on as a sub.

The difference between a serious team and whatever we are. Once Cunha went off we were done.

I thought we dominated most of the play but when you let in 2 goals as poor as that it doesn't matter.

The more I see of Bellegarde the less I like him.

They make a lot in player sales every season. And have massive revenues compared to us. Chalk and cheese.
Ok so if i buy a billion shirts then maybe... 😂

You fucking read. Now watch his positional play next time. Part of the issue is our tactics as we push him forward sometimes far too much but other times he just wanders and gets the wrong side of his opponent. RAN also did it a few times today so Toti isn't alone.
But if you're seriously suggesting Toti is our best defender then I'd strongly suggest you know nothing about the defensive work of a team.
Not your posts, bye. 👋

Back