• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-2 Brentford: Verdict Thread

Doyle should have been brought on for Sarabia not Gomes. And played as the No.10.

We desperately needed someone with creativity up there.
Dunno if Doyle is a #10 really but he seems to pair much better with João than Mario for whatever reason.

Wouldn't mind seeing them in a proper trio at some point. Once we're properly safe (knock on wood) I think we could do some useful experimenting with the tactics.

Doyle is not a #10, not even close. Would be like putting Neves there but with less goal threat.
Given how deep Brentford were pushing him forwards would have been better than Sarabia laying it off to Neto time and again. At least he has the potential to pick a pass through the lines.

Yep. Only reason I thought there could possibly be behind it was, maybe (big maybe) that Doyle could do something if we got a dead ball situation, he certainly wasnt going to drive us on forwards.
He did play one blinding pass from deepish centre midfield to the right wing, (to Neto I think).
What did you think if JRB today? I thought he did ok when he was involved, needs to get involved more though.
I thought JRB looked lost and contributed very little. I don't think we know how to use him or what he can contribute. He pressed hard but got into the wrong positions at the wrong time. I'd have taken him off and put RAN in the left forward role (and certainly not in the back 3 for that tub of shit later in the game).

Bellegarde certainly is not a false 9 and that should be stopped immediately.

Don't think he was shit, that's harsh.

Really feel that Brentford's organization is quality and it's being overlooked a bit because they're purposefully annoying as fuck to play against.

Yep. Only reason I thought there could possibly be behind it was, maybe (big maybe) that Doyle could do something if we got a dead ball situation, he certainly wasnt going to drive us on forwards.
He did play one blinding pass from deepish centre midfield to the right wing, (to Neto I think).
What did you think if JRB today? I thought he did ok when he was involved, needs to get involved more though.
JRB was absolute mince. He was mildly interested for 5 minutes when he came on and after that the game literally bypassed him. Waste of a shirt.

JRB was absolute mince. He was mildly interested for 5 minutes when he came on and after that the game literally bypassed him. Waste of a shirt.
Im not (as previous posts will testify) his biggest fan. But I'm prepared to give him a chance to find his role in the team. He's got ability, he needs to get up to EPL pace and stop hiding. Could be a confidence thing.
Not easy to learn it 'on the hoof'.

Don't think he was shit, that's harsh.

Really feel that Brentford's organization is quality and it's being overlooked a bit because they're purposefully annoying as fuck to play against.
They were very organised and very dirty. Our general play with the ball was very poor today. No short, sharp movements or in some cases any movement at all. Particularly when trying to move the ball through the middle and our ability to beat the press with passing was garbage. It was all a bit too like Forest at home tactics and that was with Cunha on the pitch.

Don't think anybody including the manager comes out of today with any credit from our side.

Brentford are a bunch of wankers and Frank is a complete prick. So they played to their maximum capacity and did it well.

As it stands right now, it looks to me like we bought him to play CM in a 4-3-3, which we were playing at the time. And now we don't play that and he has nowhere to go.
Very much after the Nunes sale gone on FM player search and set the filters to CM, Pace > 15, Dribbling >15, Vakue <£15m and hit search.

He’s probably more well rounded but with a little less “wow” than Nunes. But it’s amounting to the same thing where we can’t play him CM but he’s ineffective anywhere else.

Meh. I can see he’s “offside” immediately. IMO 90% of the frustration in the stand would be quashed if that image was put up as soon as it was available. I’d then already know the decision before they’d officially drawn the lines and wouldnt just be sat their in the dark. There is absolutely no reason why they can’t do that, crowd pressure can’t influence a factual decision.

Meh. I can see he’s “offside” immediately. IMO 90% of the frustration in the stand would be quashed if that image was put up as soon as it was available. I’d then already know the decision before they’d officially drawn the lines and wouldnt just be sat their in the dark. There is absolutely no reason why they can’t do that, crowd pressure can’t influence a factual decision.
It is, I agree. Nobody would have blinked 5 years ago though because you'd be looking at his head, the part of the body he scored from, it's only VAR which has conditioned you to look differently

It is, I agree. Nobody would have blinked 5 years ago though because you'd be looking at his head, the part of the body he scored from.
Of all the things I wanted VAR to fix, this wasn't even on the list as it wasn't ever a problem.

It is, I agree. Nobody would have blinked 5 years ago though because you'd be looking at his head, the part of the body he scored from, it's only VAR which has conditioned you to look differently
I’m not sure that’s true (certainly not for me) and body part should make no difference.

I certainly might have accepted this goal to be given against us as it’s not a howler in the slightest. But there were plenty of post match interviews and analysis where managers and pundits bemoaned/discussed offside goals against them when they were only leaning offside (but scored with their feet, but as I said, doesn’t matter)

There's nothing between the majority of this league outside the big teams.

Our January window meant we were in massive shit if one or more of Hwang, Cunha, Neto missed a game. To get two out, including the best of the three in Cunha, was always going to be really problematic.

So, when he limped off after 10 minutes or whatever it was, it felt inevitable we would lose.

A 2-3 month lay-off which usually comes with a hamstring injury means plenty more tough days ahead. I wouldn't even say with confidence that we will beat Sheffield United now.

The piss poor, unacceptable January window was going to come back to haunt us at some point. I just hoped it would've been later than February 10.

Back