• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-2 Brentford: Verdict Thread

That's not cheating, it's being smart. He's not conning anyone, no different to a tactical foul and got the same punishment

Something about carrying a dead ball back into play with your hands feels very anti-football to me.

It is though isn't it? He was exceptional yesterday with how Brentford want to play. The sort of keeper we need, much more comfortable with the ball at his feet than Sa is. His punching rather than catching would do my head in though
I agree, I thought he made a huge difference to how relaxed at the back Brentford were, at least during this game.

One of those that when it’s done against you, it’s cheating and there’s uproar.

If Sa had done it, I’d imagine we’d be saying well done, took one for the team etc.

It’s not different than the ‘tactical foul’ we see every week.

Blue card worthy ….

Did he get a yellow for that? Same as kicking the ball away/delaying the game that were meant to instant yellows this season

Yeah that's pathetic really. The exodus was from all four sides though, not just the North Bank.

No wonder the pubs were so full after the game, we went into a few to watch the Rugby, saw how busy they were and walked straight back out again.

Yep, was everywhere, South Bank didn't look much different.

I'm on that photo somewhere, muttering about why I'm watching Matt Doherty at LWB in 2024. I don't leave early.

I'm not above leaving early but it has to be a hell of a lot worse than Saturday really.

Yeah it was poor on Saturday, but not comparable to WBA v Brighton in the FA Cup. Official attendance 8000 I think, but that would mean about 1 in 3 seats taken. Brighton sold out BTW.

Make your own mind up :)-.

PS these were not taken towards the end of the game.

Attachments

• Albion3.jpg
    Albion3.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Albion1.jpg
    Albion1.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Albion2.jpg
    Albion2.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 5
A few things, unless 5 minutes to go means including injury time then that's not when that picture was taken. I've left there and I walked on 89

Assuming that's written by some South Bank superfan then at the point I did it looked very similar, fuller than that, but factor in the extra couple of minutes and I'd imagine the same

The game had gone, we weren't getting back into it, it was flat and although they were still trying our players were resigned to it so what is the point actually being made? You aren't a real fan unless you stay until the end? True supporters clap their players off? If someone chooses to act like that then good on them, each to their own, but don't project your values onto others to make yourself feel superior.

I never leave early but Dont have an issue with people who do.
Seems a bit daft at just 0-2 though, I've been at games we've rescued with a few minutes left a few times.

I never leave early but Dont have an issue with people who do.
Seems a bit daft at just 0-2 though, I've been at games we've rescued with a few minutes left a few times.
Equally you've been to loads which have petered out and ended that way. You have a sense of whether the game is still alive or not. It wasn't on Saturday

To be honest it's sheer refusal to break a 36 year habit for me now. I haven't left before so I'm not leaving now. Nearest I came was when Keet Andrews put Albion 4-1 up, if it didn't happen that time then it'll never happen.

Back