• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-2 Brighton Where's Dave gone? Verdict

I hope you don't mind a Brighton fan throwing in my tuppence worth. Interesting to read the thread and the blog to see how you compare the two sides right now.

To be honest, if you'd offered me a point before the game I'd have taken it. You've had some good results recently and Molineux always feels like a difficult trip. And, in the first 10 minutes or so you could see the intensity and energy that Lambert wants you to play with. Maybe if Costa had been playing it might have been different.

We always play 442 and the way to beat us is 4231 if the guy in the hole is a quality player. We got absolutely stuffed away at Huddersfield with that bloke Izzy Brown running the show from just behind the striker. But yesterday, even though you were set up that way, there wasn't anyone able in that position. And Bodvarson on his own doesn't ever look like making anything happen. Cavaleiro and Marshall both looked tidy though. I thought Saiss, who's obviously decent, kept giving the ball away because he was trying to find the killer pass to compensate for the lack of quality up front.

The perception that we're 'just' highly organised doesn't do us justice. That's more or less what we were last season and it wasn't quite enough as we found out to our cost. This season we've gone up a gear because Hughton has made sure we've got two quality players for every single position. So yesterday Kayal, last year's player of the season, wasn't even on the bench because he was due a rest an Sidwell is just as good. Same at centre-back: last year Goldson was excellent playing alongside Dunk but Hughton went out and bought Duffy who's more physically commanding and so we got an upgrade on what was already a strong squad.

So what all of that tells me is that getting out of the Championship is at least a two-year process. We're lucky we've had stability, investment, an exceptional manager and tremendous team spirit - it's needed all of those to get us to this point. Who knows how we'll do in the Premier League? We could be another Middlesbrough in 12 months time. So we just have to enjoy this outstanding season while we can - it happens about once every 40 years if you're a Brighton fan.

Anyway, good luck for what comes next. At least you've got a manager who's very like Hughton - experienced and won promotion from the league before. No doubt he can do it again if given time.

Cheers and enjoy the premier league. I hope you can sign the 3 or 4 players all newly promoted teams need to give themselves a fighting chance.

4 gets us a new keeper, new centre back, both full backs.

Still leaves us with a central midfield problem and a powder puff strike force.

I think 6 may well be the minimum needed.

I totally agree

We all know what we need but to we think the club will do what is needed ?

It is clear that if we want to get in to the top 6 next season Coady at RB is a non-starter so get Iorfa in until the end of the season and see what he can do. He might regain some form, and if not get rid of the pair of them and bring a new RB in.

I don't like to peddle rumours but I believe from, shall we say a friend of a friend, that there is some problem with Iorfa and its not related to his footballing ability. Something has happened and he's not playing until it's resolved.
I'm not claiming ITK and know nothing else but just thought I'd throw it in. The party passing this on would apparently say no more.

Lambert made it clear a few weeks ago it was an attitude issue. Told him to man up and follow the lead of Hause.

Basically, stop acting the child and get your head down. Seems he took being dropped badly and has been a sulky arse in training.

Lambert won't suffer players with a chip on their shoulder, for that reason I wonder if we will ever see Graham in a Wolves shirt again.

If it is the case the I support Lambert you can't have players calling the shots. We have had far too many Billy big boots in recent times so if the attitudes not right get shot and move on.

It would be a massive shame for Iorfa I still think he has bags of potential let's hope the situation is resolved.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

so bad we missed out on Marco Silva

Why does Graham have a chip on his shoulder?

It seemed to end badly at Villa but since being at Wolves his attitude seems to have been very good (one slip aside, hasn't stopped Hause being our best player lately). He is always very vocal in his support, seems pretty popular among team mates and works very hard on and off the pitch to improve his game as far as I can see.

Graham and Zyro gonna be great for us if they handled their injuries good..actually i just wanna upgrade on the keeper, defence and centre of midfield..thats it..if we can also get a 20+ goalscorer(think Dicko will be great next season)..then bonus..

well, if we lose costa then we can spend on a great striker

Not really, Huddersfield and Reading have been in the top six all season, their top scorers have 12 and 14 respectively. And in the latter case, I doubt that many people would really want Yann Kermorgant here.

Not really, Huddersfield and Reading have been in the top six all season, their top scorers have 12 and 14 respectively. And in the latter case, I doubt that many people would really want Yann Kermorgant here.

So no papering over cracks required :)

Whilst we're shit having someone who can score goals will make us less shit until we can buy more players who are less shit than the shit ones we currently havw

I'd love us to buy another SEB/Afobe. Really, I would.

They won't get you there by themselves though. It's as if we didn't go through the entire 1990s with the best striker in the division by an absolute mile and earned a grand total of 0 promotions.

We aren't getting anywhere while we persist with unspeakably dreadful full backs and a midfield that may as well not be there. Again, a fairly common theme from the 90s. Coady and Doherty are this decade's Rankine and Edwards. Probably worse though.

Let's not for get that pretty much every first team player earns more a month than the rest of us on here manage in a year. There is no excuse for sulking.

We need to build from the back, and that means we need some quality defensive players. If we had defenders that can defend and a good keeper we wouldn't have lost this game.

We can then build on that platform with mid-fielders and strikers that can actually play football and know what they are doing, aware of their surroundings and not having to take time to think about what to do with the ball.

Hopefully this will start for us this summer.

Back