• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-2 Southampton (FAC): The Verdict

I'll play.

Who on earth would buy him?

He's been absolutely shite all season.

we have been shit all season

And he, who has played nearly every game, has no part in that?

Stick to asking us to play eight up front, Fred.

we played far too many games last season with our small group of players, think it is as much mentally exhastion as physical exhaustion

We're not going to get anywhere near that amount for someone without a league goal in 40 appearances entering into the last year of his contract.

Most likely situation at this stage is that he goes for free in 2022.

We definitely wouldn't get that much for him. I don't think we should sell anyway, we need to be adding in wide/forward areas not replacing. He looks far better when we've played 4231 too imo

And he, who has played nearly every game, has no part in that?

Stick to asking us to play eight up front, Fred.
im not advocating 8 up front, just we play higher up as a team and put on pressure so we are closer to the opposition goal when we manage to take the ball of them

We're not going to get anywhere near that amount for someone without a league goal in 40 appearances entering into the last year of his contract.

Most likely situation at this stage is that he goes for free in 2022.
His contract runs to 2023.

No-one is going to buy him anyway, they have no cause to.

I think that's exactly what it is. Different level but look at his 2 goals in the EFL trophy and the Albion goal, the lad can finish. Commentator didn't get much right earlier but he did mention that Fabio looks a bit too eager at times and i think this is true and 1 thing that does look to be weaker than it should be is his heading. There's a pressure now on being able to finish more so than he has ever had and i think this all makes a difference as YW says it's about making that right decision.
Thanks. I still think there's a lot of projection there which isn't supported by evidence on the field. I think there's a lot more chance we make a big loss on him than any type of profit or that he plays up to his value.

Thanks. I still think there's a lot of projection there which isn't supported by evidence on the field. I think there's a lot more chance we make a big loss on him than any type of profit or that he plays up to his value.
That's a bit like not hiring somebody of 18 because they have no experience

You have to project with youth players for that reason.

In a side where there's no attacking play it's difficult to evaluate anybody in that longer striker role at the moment.

In these Covid times i guess prices have dropped conciderably, for "normal" clubs without sheiks
So a replacement will be cheaper too. Despite a good half here and there Traore has been part of the problem this season. Part of it is his fault in that he stands around like a statue far too much but equally other players delegate responsibility to him by giving him the ball and hope he can produce something. I'd far sooner see a team player on the right and that might even see Semedo start to deliver more. If we get an offer of £35m for Traore I'd take it without hesitation. Hopefully someone out there is convinced they can get him to deliver consistently - good luck with that.

So a replacement will be cheaper too. Despite a good half here and there Traore has been part of the problem this season. Part of it is his fault in that he stands around like a statue far too much but equally other players delegate responsibility to him by giving him the ball and hope he can produce something. I'd far sooner see a team player on the right and that might even see Semedo start to deliver more. If we get an offer of £35m for Traore I'd take it without hesitation. Hopefully someone out there is convinced they can get him to deliver consistently - good luck with that.
I'd be trying to mug him off to leeds

Et-bA1WXAAUxcb8

José FFS :ROFLMAO:

well sort of agree he hasnt been like last year but also played half injured because we have no other option in some games. As i wrote above looks like the whole team bar Neto is really exhausted mentally..i wouldnt sell him at all, he showed what he can do last season and with a proper rest and pre-season i bet he will be up to speed again(as many others). Other players though, that has not shown much in last or this season may need to move on

well sort of agree he hasnt been like last year but also played half injured because we have no other option in some games. As i wrote above looks like the whole team bar Neto is really exhausted mentally..i wouldnt sell him at all, he shoved what he can do last season and with a proper rest and pre-season i bet he will be up to speed again(as many others). Other players though, that has not shown much in last or this season may need to move on
Let's not overplay last season. He had a 6 week purple patch, when he was borderline unplayable and other games when he was an improvement on the year prior

Neto created a chance, Adama and Silva at least had a shot (none of them were any good).

Willian Joké didn't do anything at all. He's going to end up being this decade's Yannick Sagbo.

Apologies for not reading the previous 150 comments but having not watched the game my comments may/may not be pertinent. Why do we keep playing Neves and Mouthino as a midfield pair ? Why hasn't Otasowie been given a chance as he looked quite useful earlier in the season. I don't expect us to sign Nouri as it sounds he's not much better than Vinaigre,

well sort of agree he hasnt been like last year but also played half injured because we have no other option in some games. As i wrote above looks like the whole team bar Neto is really exhausted mentally..i wouldnt sell him at all, he showed what he can do last season and with a proper rest and pre-season i bet he will be up to speed again(as many others). Other players though, that has not shown much in last or this season may need to move on
He's had a number of full backs on toast this year but the issue is that his crossing and passing are pitiful. He doesn't show any inclination to go inside , regularly squaring up so he can only go down the outside, yet even when he does it rarely leads to clear chances. The classic cross for Raul to score against West Ham after lockdown was a gem amidst a pile of rubble and if he hasn't learnt how to use the ball now at 25 he's not suddenly going to become the new Ryan Giggs. He's a 3/4 trick pony - as the trick is rarely completed.

I’m not sure about the quick writing-off of WJ.

I thought he did ok v Leicester and was unlucky to get hooked......won the penalty v Arsenal too.

He can obviously score goals - remember, he’s joined us when the rest of the team is absolutely shite. Sergio Aguero wouldn’t have scored goals in that team tonight.

It goes without saying that he’s a safer bet than Fabio.

I don’t even think Fabio is a footballer.

I think it’s going to end up being a wind up like when Graham Souness played “George Weah’s cousin”.

Back