• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0 Chelsea 2 Proud of the lads verdict

Lycan

Jeff Shi's Bitch
Reaction score
Well done boys. Hard lines.

Played well. Some good points and thought Hause player really well, needs to start with Williamson every game for me.

Coady is not a right back, not even sure he's a footballer at times. We need to move on from him asap.

I wish we could be looking forward to a replay. I think our performance probably deserved it. But it wasn't to be. So proud of the effort put in by our players. Antonio Conte had to bring Kante on to shore it up and be sure, there is no more respect that he could pay to our performance.

Very proud. Sad to be out, but those players need to want to play the Diego Costas every week, and so do the owners. Put this season to bed, get safe. Push for promotion next year. Make it happen Fosun

Just seen the stat pop up that Coady had the most touches for Wolves with 95 touches during the game.

Line from the telegraph live blog

Wolves have been game throughout and clever, too. But they need significantly more firepower.

Can't disagree with that. We played well, now we can focus on getting some points and a proper style of play.

Be interesting to see how many of those touches actually resulted in a pass to a wolves player...

Just seen the stat pop up that Coady had the most touches for Wolves with 95 touches during the game.
Like I said on the match thread, black hole of possession. So, so bad on the ball.

Expected nothing, got nothing. But avoided a battering which I feared after how bad we were on Tuesday and seeing the front three they put out.

Absolutely no faulting the effort but realistically game was done at 1-0, we had nothing left. Disappointing two goals to concede as we've given them away through slack defending more than anything. However - you're playing the team who are going to win the league by a mile. We're 18th in the Championship. Lapses are likely at some point.

Let's have some league points on the board now and put this season to bed.

Boooo I wanted to start the verdict.

Don't think we can have any complaints - some decent performances and I'm baffled as to how Hause doesn't start every week. But we desperately, desperately need a striker who just occasionally looks like scoring. Thought it was a bad miss when Bod missed the header completely from Doherty's cross in the first half

We had lots of good opportunities around their penalty area but didn't create chances from them. With the game getting stretched in the second half their quality was bound to come to the fore and so it proved.

A good effort and not the tanking I feared.

We played good, trouble was chelsea were good at movement off the ball in the second half and would always find space with us going deeper and deeper the game was really done at 0 - 1 but to limit them to a hand full of clear shots is very good, we just need to bring this into the league and we will be fine and it needs to start on Friday.

Good effort, like I said in the other thread in the beginning I expected a 0-2 or 1-3 defeat with the quality chelsea put out there..certainly didnt expect they would do that..thought they would rest the likes of Costa, Hazard, Pedro/Willian...

I thought we were really good. But they were REALLY REALLY REALLY GOOD.

Well done Chelsea. We gave them a proper game. See you next time Chelsea dudes, lets hope it isn't too long.

We played good, trouble was chelsea were good at movement off the ball in the second half and would always find space with us going deeper and deeper the game was really done at 0 - 1 but to limit them to a hand full of clear shots is very good, we just need to bring this into the league and we will be fine and it needs to start on Friday.

THIS IS SO RIGHT. Lets take positives, get ourselves safe ASAP and then build to be in a position where we can take on the Chelseas of this world every week.

If we had proper fullbacks instead of Doherty and Coady we'd really be some team. I was only able to watch from 60' on but I lost track of how often Costa/Ronan/Weimann tried to be neat and tidy to play one-twos with Coady/Doherty and nearly every time Coady/Doherty either killed the momentum, had their first touch take it out of play, or passed it straight into the legs of the defender, which obviously you cannot do against Chelsea as the ball sticks to them like a fucking glue trap.

There were a lot of positives, though. Tenacity throughout the team, some good skill from Helder, excellent defending from Hause, Price shielding well and showing for the ball constantly. Bodvarsson, as much as we love him, doesn't look to be an answer up top so we will likely need to bring someone in this summer or hope Wilson/Ennis bulk up a little (tho personally I'd still bring someone "proven" in). Credit to Bod tho as he never goes hiding and at least keeps defenders occupied.

I thought Hause was seriously good today. Bring that into the league please.

Yes I agree. Can't really argue with anything on there. All I will say is that we deserved a replay.

I don't really understand this. They scored two goals. We scored zero. Sure, we played well, but the scoreline says it all.

Back