• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0 Chelsea 2 Proud of the lads verdict

A lot of comments about why don't we play like that in the league. I would argue that attacking wise we often do, the performance against Newcastle wasn't much different to yesterday offensively - possession in key areas, but poor final balls mean ultimately we didn't force the keeper into a meaningful save. Ultimately yesterday, just as in the previous 3 league games we created very few clear cut chances.

the law of averages should mean Bod or Dicko score a couple in next game, but you wouldn't put money on it would you

If we were counting on the law of averages they'd have both scored a few games ago.

If we were counting on the law of averages they'd have both scored a few games ago.

that's what i meant, they're so overdue you'd think its got to be next match !! would be great too if against the Blouse

I think Blues away was Bod's last goal?

A lot of comments about why don't we play like that in the league. I would argue that attacking wise we often do, the performance against Newcastle wasn't much different to yesterday offensively - possession in key areas, but poor final balls mean ultimately we didn't force the keeper into a meaningful save. Ultimately yesterday, just as in the previous 3 league games we created very few clear cut chances.

It's mentioned on the Lambert thread and to be truly effective we need to replace Edwards and Saville in the middle with actual footballers who can operate like Chelsea do - a superb counter attacking side but one that can keep possession, probe and be patient if the opposition choose to park the bus.

I didn't mind the change to a back 3 yesterday and I do think we have the players to do this if you put Ronan in midfield with Price, it didn't work with Edwards as he's just not got that ability and Saville is a lg1 player at best.

All but Saville' glaring chance which must have been the most clear cut chance out of all our recent non-scoring games

the law of averages should mean Bod or Dicko score a couple in next game, but you wouldn't put money on it would you

Now Malta don't go spouting theories on here or myths and legends! ��

We have to beat blues. One win for 14 , shit squad and look awful.

Serious lack of vision in January from Lambert.

I agree on a striker

It wasn't. We will get firepower in the summer.

I just hope we are still in the Championship. We need that quality CB we spoke about at the start of the season as well as a Striker.
Also a quality goalkeeper, a LB, a RB and hopefully clear up our injury list, and keep our best players (Costa and Cav).
We won't do any of that, apart from the injuries, if we get relegated.

Was a good day out on Sat - won't go into detail as I'm late to this thread and most has been said.

We played well, but I always felt Chelsea had other gears to move to if needed & we didn't - that's why they are top of the Premier & we aren't.

If Saville's shot had gone in (as it probably should) or the penalty awarded (which I have seen given even if relatively soft) then we have different game. Defending & tracking players for their first was poor though they executed it well. Doherty a bit unfortunate for their second as it ricochet off his shin, but their Costa can do what none of our strikers can which is the ability to react instantaneously & make sure that it's in the corner of the net rather than nearer the corner flag - that's why he's with them rather than us

Noise levels were very good - benefit of a full stadium. Even the NB managed some songs, but only small pockets of singers - would have been better if we had all been together in a couple of the bays behind the goal

Biggest issue for me was the amount of room Doherty & Weimann were allowing Chelsea out on the right hand side in the second half - almost as if they had been told to keep at least 10yrds from the sideline

Back