• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0 - MK Dons 0 The not good enough result thread

Just got in from the game, has to be one of the most frustrating games of football I've been to.
Whilst we looked like the only team that was going to score for virtually the whole game it was hardly littered with worldly saves from Martin the MK keeper, in fact it was ikeme who made the best save of all at the end.
Delivery from wide areas was appalling, lost count how many times Martin had comfortable catches to deal with or we couldn't beat the first man.
Graham looked decent but again needs to work on his crossing.
James Henry had a pretty miserable day 3 times he had possession in promising areas and ballsed it up on each occasion.
But from about 65 minutes the game really fizzled out and we looked very flat.
The changes did nothing and Ojo did next to nothing when he came on.
No win in four home games and only 1 goal scored on those games to, simply not good enough.

Wolves have fucked this season up, hounding put the owner has put us in a limbo of put own making.

There are two players in this team that have genuine quality, Afobe and Iorfa. Neither of which we get the best out of due to poor tactics and player choice.

As someone who attempts to be rational and evidence based I can only say; Jackett out.

Don't anyone fucking dare defend that performance today. Absolutely diabolical from start to finish.

The best you could say is Ikeme made two decent saves near the end, Price and Willo were OK and Afobe tried hard.

Shit tactics, shit management.

Well sounds like I missed very little. Currently sat by an open fire in Brugge instead. I think we're in for several lean year's to come. Morgan is unlikely to sack KJ unless relegation is a possibility (not likely imo) so we're going to be stuck hovering in mid table for the foreseeable future.

If we're very lucky. We're more likely to be involved in a relegation battle unless things change, drastically.

It was boring. MK Dons are absolute bobbins. To not beat that shower is very very poor indeed.

We were the better side but so laboured, so half arsed, so short on ideas that I can't say we deserved to win, despite the chances we created.

Just a crap performance and a frustrating, dull game with no spark whatsoever.

I've seen more movement in a game of chess.

Don't anyone $#@!ing dare defend that performance today. Absolutely diabolical from start to finish.

The best you could say is Ikeme made two decent saves near the end, Price and Willo were OK and Afobe tried hard.

$#@! tactics, $#@! management.
Absolutely disagree we played ok IMO the players were on it the manager lost all momentum with his substitutions. The booing was at the ref I hope. Motm Edwards. Tactics shit Jackett out. Sick of hearing BS defence he is too negative.. But Deutsch that was not that bad

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I didn't think it was that bad to be honest, they committed 23 fouls to keep in the game, their performance reminded me of how we used to play in the Premier League.

It was boring. MK Dons are absolute bobbins. To not beat that shower is very very poor indeed.

We were the better side but so laboured, so half arsed, so short on ideas that I can't say we deserved to win, despite the chances we created.

Just a crap performance and a frustrating, dull game with no spark whatsoever.

I've seen more movement in a game of chess.

Chess is ace.

Absolutely disagree we played ok IMO the players were on it the manager lost all momentum with his substitutions. The booing was at the ref I hope. Motm Edwards. Tactics $#@! Jackett out. Sick of hearing BS defence he is too negative.. But Deutsch that was not that bad

You are either fishing (my bet) or you really have no idea what you are watching if you think Edwards was in our best 9 players on the pitch today. Let alone MOTM

You are either fishing (my bet) or you really have no idea what you are watching if you think Edwards was in our best 9 players on the pitch today. Let alone MOTM

Was DE in our worst 2 players?!

Imo only 2 players had any credit, Iorfa and Afobe. Ikeme had very little to do and therefor enough blame is attached to him either!

At best the majority of players were meh. No movement, no creativity and no confidence.

The first real nail in the coffin for the manager.

Going 4-5-1 at home to a team like MK Dons is timid rubbish. Especially since ALF has been contributing from the bench and playing well recently. You get the feeling it was purely to shoehorn Edwards in the team without losing Price as well.

You get the feeling we will go nowhere fast under Jackett. I'd take a younger more attack-minded manager at the minute. JFH maybe. I doubt we could get Rowett.

Completely disagree.

4231 isn't 451, and it isn't timid.

I'd probably give Ikeme MOTM for managing to stay alert for so long to pull of the saves at the end, it wasn't good enough.
Yes we were the only ones who tried to win the game but we failed to beat a side that is the worse I've ever seen perform at this level.
You have to expect sides like MK to put 10 men behind the ball you have to show the quality to put them away for me there was nowhere near enough quality in the side.
We in position where we we'll be looking over a shoulders for the remainder of the season.

The only starters today that were worse than Edwards today were Golbourne and Henry. That isn't really meant as a direct dig at him, just that where he played which was often ahead of Afobe he was ineffective. On reflection I should have said Top 8

Edwards linked the play quite well and was dangerous, at times, excuse the pun

More threat than Afobe.

Henry was inconsistent, but still produced moments of quality.

Absolutely disagree we played ok IMO the players were on it the manager lost all momentum with his substitutions. The booing was at the ref I hope. Motm Edwards. Tactics shit Jackett out. Sick of hearing BS defence he is too negative.. But Deutsch that was not that bad

You're having a laugh. Edwards did nothing, 65 wasted minutes with him on the pitch. We were absolutely abject.

Also that is three 0-0s at home before the end of November, it's not enjoyable watching us at the moment. If I were a fan who decided whether to go based on entertainment value then I'd steer clear for a long, long time. We are a dull side with very few redeeming characteristics at the moment.

Completely disagree.

4231 isn't 451, and it isn't timid.
It was 4231 not 451, but was clear very early one with Afobe as the 1 that it wasn't working. I'd say it should never have been started and certainly should have been ended by half time. He comes way too deep, personally I think he needs his ass kicking, but KJ seems happy to endorse it.

On the train now so at least I.m warm!

8 hours travel to Watch that. No impetus & no direction. Edwards wasn't the worst as Henry claimed that title, but might as well have not been on.
Game was crying out for a proper second forward from the start.

Back