• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0 - MK Dons 0 The not good enough result thread

I have to agree. I never thought I would just give up my seat and do other shit when I have paid. And not feel bad about it. There is no joy in turning up at the moment. None at all.

We should never have started that way. Ken says we looked better with two forwards at Ipswich so we start with one vs MK, awful selection. Edwards is such a hindrance to us, fuck him and his 1 ok game in 10. Crap footballer who wouldn't get in the majority of Champ teams and some L1 teams, I'm not accepting that mediocre stuff. For a man who can't pass or control a ball he's made a fair career but I'd like him to make it somewhere else now.

Absolutely shocking and anyone that tries to defend that performance is doing it through gold tinted specs. There's several things that were wrong and it just didn't work. The lack of a proper number 10 still hampers us as Afobe was making good runs but he has no support or anyone to link with hence why he comes so deep at times. Edwards runs but he doesn't do what we need from a number 10 and with how many crosses were put into the box i would expect him to put one of those in as that's one of his upsides.

Why did he take Graham off and not Henry i really have no idea? Their keeper made several saves but none of them were outstanding. If you're Wallace, Byrne or any other half decent attacking midfielder/winger at our club you must wonder what the fuck is going on if you can't get in to this side. Jackett has to go in my opinion, he has no idea at the minute and it's awful to watch.

Edwards linked the play quite well and was dangerous, at times, excuse the pun

More threat than Afobe.

Henry was inconsistent, but still produced moments of quality.

Graham was injured.

Sorry I thought we were sloppy in final third but we created enough and just couldn't score.

We should never have started that way. Ken says we looked better with two forwards at Ipswich so we start with one vs MK, awful selection. Edwards is such a hindrance to us, fuck him and his 1 ok game in 10. Crap footballer who wouldn't get in the majority of Champ teams and some L1 teams, I'm not accepting that mediocre stuff. For a man who can't pass or control a ball he's made a fair career but I'd like him to make it somewhere else now.

Edwards wasn't the issue today.

Anyone slating Edwards today is IMO speaking from an agenda, rather than actual performance.

Afobe gets away with murder.

If I were sat down at games - not once today would Wolves have got me out of my seat. Nothing worthwhile in an attacking sense. Against MK Dons. At home.

This is us at 85 minutes:

d1a1a0bca3bb92dee49f9d19cf1809ff.jpg

Don't push on too much, will you.

Edwards created nothing and had no shots, everything I want from a number 10. Well done Dave, you did what Mo Farah could have done.

We're crediting Edwards (in absentia) for making Afobe not pick the ball up 35 yards from our own goal now? That's seriously clutching at straws, sorry. For the record obviously Afobe should not be doing that, it was ridiculous. Why we cannot at least try 4-4-2 this year I do not know. Whatever Ken says, that is broadly what we played in the second half of last season, Afobe was not deep.

I'd put decent money on Edwards being pound for pound the least effective number 10 in the top two divisions over the last 20 years. He fits none of the requirements beside occasionally popping up with a goal, which he does nowhere near enough to make up for how shite everything else about his game is or how he actively harms a team's play when he's on the park.

Edwards & Henry were awful. No idea how anyone can defend them after that.

Edwards & Henry were awful. No idea how anyone can defend them after that.

I can't and I normally like both players! It wasn't a game to play Dangerous Dave and Henry was genuinely shocking

It was a game needing quality rather than endeavour. Thought Ojo was ok when he came on but the better choice would have been Byrne for Henry and give us a threat down both sides.

Henry was hugely inconsistent, but had some quality as well as some bad decisions.

I can't believe how blinkered some of the opinions are.

We've scored no goals in four of our last seven games. To pretend that Dave Edwards is not an issue is blinkered.

Anyone slating Edwards today is IMO speaking from an agenda, rather than actual performance.

Afobe gets away with murder.

To be fair mate, you clearly have your own agenda with Edwards - i don't think I've ever seen you say anything that wasn't positive about him.

Edwards gave us nothing we needed today. Running around wasn't the problem producing a bit guile was needed and we know that's not his forte

Back