• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0 Watford 2; The back down to earth with a bump, Verdict Thread

Football is not always about thinking and tactics..sometimes is just about pace and scoring..complex sport..if you have one of the fastest players in the world starting the other team have to react to that and probably change their gameplan too

Ah, the Tim Sherwood/ Dean Saunders approach.

You're talking drivel today Fred.

Sorry - Traore was appalling.
It does feel a bit like people's minds are made up about him before he comes on. He was no worse than Cav, who really should have scored, and basically was just given the ball in dead ends continually. He still made some good crosses and passes, despite being told to play in a non-existant position.

Edit - that only really applies to this place, views of him elsewhere seem to be much different.

If it makes you happy then all of Patricio, Bennett, Jonny, Moutinho, Neves and Jimenez were worse than him yesterday.

However I have seen all of them have multiple excellent games for us, I haven't seen a huge amount from Adama that has changed my mind on him. He's a physical freak, that alone will get us some reward from time to time, if a sub like that costs you £18m these days then so be it. He isn't a very good footballer though.

He was in a "non-existent position" because he refuses to move off the ball. I don't actually think he's played very well in any game since Burnley, he's featured in five since, including one start where again, the exact same traits were on show.

It was a bit of a weird sub, it was hard to tell what his instructions were as he came in for Doherty but we went with more of a back four, whether that was by design or not. Think it was just a bit of a desperation sub with the game out of reach.

He made a difference against Southampton whether people want to give him credit or not. But I agree he’s not ready to start and I’m prepared for Nuno to be Patient with him like I thibk is the plan

If it makes you happy then all of Patricio, Bennett, Jonny, Moutinho, Neves and Jimenez were worse than him yesterday.

He was in a "non-existent position" because he refuses to move off the ball. I don't actually think he's played very well in any game since Burnley, he's featured in five since, including one start where again, the exact same traits were on show.

Yes it does, the need to call out Traore after every game just seems odd to me.

Agree he hasn't looked very good since Burnley, but cup aside he has only really played a few minutes.

I'll still come back to the fact we need to score more goals and he creates goals, which, as much as I like the pair of them, Jota and Costa just aren't doing.

It does feel a bit like people's minds are made up about him before he comes on. He was no worse than Cav, who really should have scored, and basically was just given the ball in dead ends continually. He still made some good crosses and passes, despite being told to play in a non-existant position.

Edit - that only really applies to this place, views of him elsewhere seem to be much different.

What did Traore do that was effective yesterday?

It was a bit of a weird sub, it was hard to tell what his instructions were as he came in for Doherty but we went with more of a back four, whether that was by design or not. Think it was just a bit of a desperation sub with the game out of reach.

He made a difference against Southampton whether people want to give him credit or not. But I agree he’s not ready to start and I’m prepared for Nuno to be Patient with him like I thibk is the plan
I saw his instructions, as I sit in the BW lower, he was literally pointed to where he then stood and told to play there - clearly he was told to play further back than he would do normally.

If you are going to play him he has to have license to get forward at will, else there is no point to playing him.

Just to make shit clear, I am not actually sure I can entirely blame Adama for his performance. When the sub was made it seemed to be Nuno trying to recreate 1954 with almost a 2-3-5 and the formation was all over the place as the players have no clue how to play that now. This lead to Adama running around without getting much possession and then when he did Watford absolutely shut him up.

The end result was he was awful. But the fault for that is entirely a different question.

What did Traore do that was effective yesterday?
Again not my point, see DW's response and my reply.

He did a couple of decent crosses and a good cross field ball, he also won the free kick which Neves spanked in to the SB.

Edit - i love the fact that there is a geek who does this every game

https://youtu.be/oLonNxEdjb0

Yeah, think Nuno has a plan for him but also think he will make massive damage on Brightons defence with his pace if he gets a start and that will benefit the team squad even more..

Agree he hasn't looked very good since Burnley, but cup aside he has only really played a few minutes.

I'll still come back to the fact we need to score more goals and he creates goals, which, as much as I like the pair of them, Jota and Costa just aren't doing.
Yes

He really shouldn't be a starter though Fred. He has the ability to be a spectacular impact sub, but I really don't see him being 90 minutes effective. I certainly believe Cav should come in for Brighton though. And possibly Vinagre, although I would be surprised if Nuno made that call.

For the second time I wasn't singling him out, Fred said "he should start" and I said "no he shouldn't".

For the second time I wasn't singling him out, Fred said "he should start" and I said "no he shouldn't".
I didn't really mean just you tbf, it's just a more general thing on here that he seems to be more harshly judged than others.

I don't think he should start either, unless you were to make a clean sweep and drop Jota and Costa and I wouldn't do that.

He really shouldn't be a starter though Fred. He has the ability to be a spectacular impact sub, but I really don't see him being 90 minutes effective. I certainly believe Cav should come in for Brighton though. And possibly Vinagre, although I would be surprised if Nuno made that call.
Just give him 45-60 mins though..if it doesnt work bring on Costa

I'd love to see Vini start next game, but that would make us more defensively difficient and would be harsh on Jonny (or Doc).

I could see Nuno bringing in Vini, Dendonker and Cav for the next game - despite what we have seen so far he is not shy of making a change.

I'd love to see Vini start next game, but that would make us more defensibly difficient and would be harsh on Jonny (or Doc).

I could see Nuno bringing in Vini, Dendonker and Cav for the next game - despite what we have seen so far he is not shy of making a change.
I think he has started an unchanged team every game so far which is a PL record?

It is a record, but I am beginning to wonder if it is necessarily a good thing. A little refreshment to the team may have some benefit.

Back