• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-0 Burnley: Verdict Thread

Fucking hell, that would still lead to confusion though wouldn't it? You've narrowed it down to two. Well done.
Not really. Commentator and co-commentator are two very distinct roles.

Or just Google her name?

What an odd hill to die on. It's all a bit pathetic.
You're literally asking for a list of citations for every post on a fucking internet forum. Have a word with yourself.

Posters are allowed to be as detailed or as vague as they choose. You don't make the rules, despite your constant attempts at policing this forum.

You're literally asking for a list of citations for every post on a fucking internet forum.
Just asking you to not be a stupid misogynist.

And you're telling me you don't know how to use Google?

Just to chirp in briefly - closing this thread during this discussion is akin to saying "we don't want misogyny called out and challenged". It's perfectly right that people are calling it out in the (albeit forlorn) hope that the behaviour is modified

Just asking you to not be a stupid misogynist.

And you're telling me you don't know how to use Google?
I've only seen the highlights. I've not commented either way on the quality, or lack thereof of the commentary team.

I'm certainly not a misogynist, I just feel people should be able to express an opinion and call a spade a spade (or a woman a woman), makes things simpler.

The more I watch this, the more I think they were both fairly routine saves?

The first one he spreads himself well, it is straight at him though.

The second one is a save I'd expect any keeper at this level to make? It would have looked awful if that sneaked in the corner.

To be fair though, after the Ipswich performance they're not saves I'd have thought he was capable of though.

Just to chirp in briefly - closing this thread during this discussion is akin to saying "we don't want misogyny called out and challenged". It's perfectly right that people are calling it out in the (albeit forlorn) hope that the behaviour is modified
Call it out by all means but start a new thread please.

The second one is a save I'd expect any keeper at this level to make? It would have looked awful if that sneaked in the corner.

To be fair though, after the Ipswich performance they're not saves I'd have thought he was capable of though.

Neither are worldies but both very good, particularly the second one given the time between shots; it's not just the save, it's the awareness and ability to get up, reposition, and set well to face the second shot. Agree though I think most keepers at this level would've done the same, but given most of us thought he was Championship level, doing something as important as that at Premier Leagie level is an achievement

I thought that when I first saw it, but that was looking coldly post game. A lot of things look better when you are watching them emotionally invested. Sa made a similar save to the first injured on Saturday

I'll give you £25 if you can find 3 people that would say otherwise.
If I had no previous knowledge of football broadcasting and I started watching or listening part way through a game I couldn't differentiate between them.

Even Amazon introduced Guy Mowbray and Courtney double barrel as "commentators".

It got called out 2 days ago, at this point it's just two parties shouting across the street at one another.

Neither are worldies but both very good, particularly the second one given the time between shots; it's not just the save, it's the awareness and ability to get up, reposition, and set well to face the second shot. Agree though I think most keepers at this level would've done the same, but given most of us thought he was Championship level, doing something as important as that at Premier Leagie level is an achievement
The time between the 2 shots and the deflection on the 2nd one make it a very good save. Not outstanding, but still very good.

Back