• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-0 Reading: The Verdict

Par for the course. I had no problem with them playing the kids and they didn't let us down. They were ready. This doesn't take away from the fact the club failed to recruit at least one quality centre half in the past two/three seasons.

Night.

You have no idea about my football credentials. I have no idea about yours. I would never asume I know more than another person, or less, on a football forum. Never state you know more about something, than someone you don't know anything about.

Then I suggest you put up your knowledge and experience so the forum can compare. I have told you my credentials and others on here can verify those.

I stand by my statement, that our last 5 managers know more about football coaching than the posters, who slag players off.

I presume you can prove this?

Just because somebody was a manager does not mean they have knowledge. Paul Merson is a genuinely stupid man with particularly poor knowledge as is Dean Saunders. Terry Conner and Billy Davies are talented coaches with a wealth of knowledge. All are terrible managers for one reason or another. There are some journalists out there who's knowledge is exceptional and some who are just blagging a living. My point is that you have made a judgement without knowledge or experience of this (unless you answer the first point).

You have to accept that this is a football forum where opinions are shared. If you do not like this may I suggest that fora are not for you?

Do you really think you know more about football coaching and tactics than they do?

Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. Does he consider himself more intelligent than Connor and Saunders? I'd be astonished if he doesn't - and probably KJ and MM as well. Do I consider myself more intelligent than all four managers? Yes, by some distance. Do I consider myself to have had a better football career? No, I was crap. But that doesn't mean I can't watch, analyse and look at stats. Take Edwards as an example: what does he do? He "puts a shift in." He "covers every blade of grass." But look at DW's stats thread and you'll find that over his time at Wolves - or the last four games - the end product of "putting a shift in" is nil.

Sadly "a win is a win" is just plain wrong. A win is one result in a series of 46 results. And if we produce the level of performance that led to yesterday's win for the rest of the season, we will be relegated.

Then I suggest you put up your knowledge and experience so the forum can compare. I have told you my credentials and others on here can verify those.

I presume you can prove this?

Just because somebody was a manager does not mean they have knowledge. Paul Merson is a genuinely stupid man with particularly poor knowledge as is Dean Saunders. Terry Conner and Billy Davies are talented coaches with a wealth of knowledge. All are terrible managers for one reason or another. There are some journalists out there who's knowledge is exceptional and some who are just blagging a living. My point is that you have made a judgement without knowledge or experience of this (unless you answer the first point).

You have to accept that this is a football forum where opinions are shared. If you do not like this may I suggest that fora are not for you?

Credentials?? This isn't the police force [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Johnny while I genuinely enjoy your posts, I disagree with a lot of them as I think you're wrong, same with Deutsch. Huge knowledge from both of you but IMO sometimes too much lecturing/telling and not enough listening to other opinions

But that's the nature of a forum as you say.

As for my own view there's genuine reasons for concern. I've never known such widespread damnation from so many fans towards so many of our team.

I listen and read all opinions. You're right on our opinions, I don't think we've agreed on anything football related but I admire your belligerence in your defence of them, even if it is for Dave Edwards.

And I think you need to go back a few pages for context for your first sentence.

I'm trying to lighten the mood. Cheer up.

I'm no Edwards fan but I find the constant slating of him unfair and distasteful.

There's bigger concerns than him at the moment

I'm no Edwards fan but I find the constant slating of him unfair and distasteful.

I'd agree the defensive unit is of huge concern and I include Ikeme in that and Coady. The distribution from defender last night was awful and lead to us being under constant pressure.

They say that it is a sign of a great champion to play badly and win...Having watched THAT I can now safely say what a load of old bollocks!

Whilst the defence is the elephant in the room doesn't Edwards dereliction of duty pile even more pressure on that fragility? If the number ten cant/isn't doing his job it isolates the striker making it easy to defend meaning the ball will only ever go one way? I'm not saying Dave Edwards is the root of all evil (ha) but presently it isn't as if by sacrificing him in an attacking sense is reinforcing our defensive quarter, can you agree in recent performances at least he's added very little at either end of the pitch?

That was easily the worst victory I've ever witnessed!

Strange first half tactic of using the wind as a 12th man by hoofing the ball down the right flank in the hope that the wind would hold it up and give us a chance of getting in behind. We did it endlessly throughout the entire first half!

I did wonder what our second half approach would be, but of course, as is Ken's way when we go 1-0, it was backs to the wall for the whole second half.

We were getting battered and he made no tactical subs to try and affect the course of the game. Like for like Byrne for Wallace until the last 2 mins when fat boy was sent of for a bit of Christmas cheer and amusment.

Urgh. Thank God there isn't another home match until the 12th!

Twice in the second half Dave proved why he shouldn't be playing #10.
1) Benik wins a humped clearance and heads the ball into space just outside the Reading area...Dave is 5 yards off the pace and no chance or effort to get to the ball
2)Benik did a dummy and let the ball go through his legs and into the Reading area taking the two Reading players out of the game...Dave is 5 yards off the pace and the two, flat-footed defenders get back and clear the ball before he has even got there despite them both having to recover, turn and chase the ball

EEL was a disaster in the first half, but actually was a bit more composed in the second.

Edwards was especially useless. Played constantly 10 yards behind the ball then let the play drift past him when they advanced down the wing. Never closed any play down when they came through the centre and looked knackered even in the first half.

No one else deserves a mention really.

Whilst the defence is the elephant in the room doesn't Edwards dereliction of duty pile even more pressure on that fragility? If the number ten cant/isn't doing his job it isolates the striker making it easy to defend meaning the ball will only ever go one way? I'm not saying Dave Edwards is the root of all evil (ha) but presently it isn't as if by sacrificing him in an attacking sense is reinforcing our defensive quarter, can you agree in recent performances at least he's added very little at either end of the pitch?

I was otherwise engaged for the second half of the game yesterday so can't comment on that.

He does a lot of ugly way in the mail, off the ball work which I feel gets no acknowledgement.

Any ire should be aimed at Jackett, not the player IMO. He'd be more effective in a deeper role where his stamina would come in to play more.

Kmac is getting away with murder and I believe he was dropped until price fell ill.

I was otherwise engaged for the second half of the game yesterday so can't comment on that.

He does a lot of ugly way in the mail, off the ball work which I feel gets no acknowledgement.

Any ire should be aimed at Jackett, not the player IMO. He'd be more effective in a deeper role where his stamina would come in to play more.

Kmac is getting away with murder and I believe he was dropped until price fell ill.

Edwards did play deeper for a lot of the match yesterday. He's useless at closing down. He gave their central midfielders too much space and constantly shied away by drifting down the opposite side as their attacking play built.

Whilst I agree with KJ being at fault for constantly picking him, there's no defending Edwards' performance in what should be his best position.

I said at the time, the sale of Stearman left us with lack of depth and experience in defence. Promises were broken with investment. I will not blame Jackett for that.
I have no experience in profesional managment or coaching and prefer to trust the judgement of top football coaches who say Kenny Jackett is a very good coach, over people who critisize from a football forum, with no profesional experience in managing a top profesional league club.
The vile hate towards our own players from some of our supporters, sickens me, even before a ball is kicked.
Steve Kindon, George Berry weren"t the best in the world, but we got behind them. Do you know why, it's because they wore the old gold Wolves shirt.

Did they fuck, nostalgia tinted spectacles there, Berry in his day got as much stick as Edwards etc do now, plus with a good dose of racisim thrown in for good measure

Back