• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-0 Southampton: Verdict Thread

I heard no dissent against Lage all game. And Barmy Army was being sung loudly in unison by all four stands at one point.
Yes, come on TWF, would you ever get on the same hymn sheet, please!

This is more evidence for my “Jacqui Oatley Lurks Here” theory. She opened the coverage going on and on about Bruno being under pressure.

I heard no dissent against Lage all game. And Barmy Army was being sung loudly in unison by all four stands at one point.
I didn’t mention dissent anyway. Just said 15,000 people singing Barmy Army doesn’t mean all those 15,000 are desperate for him to stay.

People don’t tend to hurl abuse at players/managers during games, particularly when we are winning. Although some twats decided to boo Hwang before he even came on the pitch. Disgraceful

I think booing is just shit behaviour.
It's just low.
It's lacking in imagination and transmits absolutely no respect towards the poor fucker, who's trying his best you are booing.
Think of something else you base fuckers.

This is more evidence for my “Jacqui Oatley Lurks Here” theory. She opened the coverage going on and on about Bruno being under pressure.
We'd won 3 out of 19 before today and we're very likely to lose the next two. Of course he was under pressure. Still is.

Fans *do* sometimes have an influence on the status of a manager but it's far from the be all and end all. Guo isn't thinking "well they're still singing his name sometimes so I guess we can't sack him".

And yes some idiots did boo Hwang when he came on, behind both goals. The crowd then did try to support him and he ran about a bit which is something I suppose.

.... and he ran about a bit which is something I suppose.
Jesus Dan, I know he's not particularly talented, but that's really denigrating. Is that really the best you can offer, the best you can say about the bloke? He must have some worth, he's played fairly successfully for some teams before we paid fucking millions for him....
I don't like him, I have no idea (apart from Korean shirt sales) why he was even brought to the club. But he must be better than just running around....

• Haha
Reactions: b3h
Nope, he doesn't do anything. He can't retain the ball and he isn't a goal threat and the other players actively avoid passing to him. He is no help if we bring him back to defend.

Often he doesn't even chase around to any particular effect. He did in this game which did at least help by 1% or so.

Before he signed for us he had 2 goals in 20 for Hamburg and 0 goals in 20 for Leipzig.

Not really, I sit in there and hear the complete lack of intellect. You'll see it yourself when you come over.

Back in the day you'd have rivers of urine flowing down the terrace, meat pies flying about and cigarette smoke. If you asked somebody in there what intellect was they'd have told you it was Belgian team that Villa beat in the European Cup.

Personally felt there were positive signs, we’re set up differently with Sasa up top, can still get the ball into box earlier rather than checking back or trying to beat a man multiple times.

Neto came into the game more 2nd half which was good to see, although lacking end product. Atleast he was running directly at his man for a 10/15 minute period.

Better performance by Jonny, would give nunes POTM

Like to see him in a midfield 2 majority of games. Maybe stick to midfield 3 against the big teams.

Obviously got a huge bit of luck with there disallowed goal, but sometimes that’s all you need to start a run of results.

Fingers crossed - as don’t think Lage is going anywhere anytime soon

Nope, he doesn't do anything. He can't retain the ball and he isn't a goal threat and the other players actively avoid passing to him. He is no help if we bring him back to defend.

Often he doesn't even chase around to any particular effect. He did in this game which did at least help by 1% or so.

Before he signed for us he had 2 goals in 20 for Hamburg and 0 goals in 20 for Leipzig.
My U15 girls know how to press ffs. Running around a bit is a very low bar for a top flight footballer that cost 14m.

I don't find racism interesting. I find it repulsive but each to their own pal.
I find virtue signalling your way out the pit you’ve dug with made up stories extremely telling on a persons character

Last edited:
I did think there were some positive things at least, firstly we won which was needed badly.

I thought that we didn’t go into the horseshoe of hesitancy half as much at least till the last 10.

I was as always baffled that by the time we make our subs we have no interest in trying to create anything making it a thankless task coming on.

Negatives: We have got to start using subs earlier and get them in the game Lage is hopeless at subs on the whole it’s like he’s scared stiff of it blowing up in his face.

i must admit I was absolutely livid when I saw Podence on the starting line up he has one good game in 20 and I wanted to see this new era of midfield to attack fluidity.

i don’t think you can paper over the cracks we were pretty average as were they.

Strangley I fancy us to do ok in big matches coming up as breaking down dogged we can’t do but teams come at us we can break quickly and not have time to overthink it.

Was it my imagination or was RAN playing much further inside frequently both during the Bournmouth and Southampton games

I did not hear booing when Hwang came on although in my head I thought wtf why didn’t we snatch Leeds hand off.
He was well supported from the South Bank that’s for sure but I ain’t sure anybody thinks he’s any good. Just a generous show of humanity for a fellow human.

Back