• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-0 Southampton: Verdict Thread

It was better than the previous two games, but there's still a massive failing when it comes to turning pressure and dangerous situations into actual chances. Good to see us getting the ball in the box quicker. Result could easily have gone either way I think - both teams played some neat football but lacked a bit of edge, and both defended well.

Absolutely no way in the world Podence meant that finish. He's hit it into the ground and it's bobbled, just, over the keeper. He 100% got away with a miss-kick. Great move though

Hmmm I'm not convinced, I personally think this forum's mainstream view on Lage is very much a minority among your average fan (rightly or wrongly), based on what I've witnessed, which is obviously not exhaustive. Not that people particularly like him, more that he's a decent bloke who hadn't been backed and was left with Nuno's players etc (I know)

I agree with your last paragraph though, he can't tread water with this squad now. But I think it'll be Fosun that pushes on that, and I think it'll be before the fans turn
Think it’s more that the majority of fans don’t analyse things too deeply.

First season + no money = 10th, Not bad!
Shit start + new system + late signings = not his fault.

They don’t look into it any deeper than that.

Been out all day, what's this about Raul feeling chronic fatigue? Is it genuine or a bust up with Bruno?

Been out all day, what's this about Raul feeling chronic fatigue? Is it genuine or a bust up with Bruno?
We won't have an actual answer to this for years, I wouldn't think.

The timing and given reason absolutely leave tons of room for speculation in the worst way, however.

I think times have changed to, other managers by now ie MM we’re by now being hounded out the club.
For some reason Bruno gets a very easy ride from the fans.

Think that's a bit patronising to match going fans tbh. I don't agree with what appears to be the general sentiment in the ground towards him, but I think they are more informed than that

Think that's a bit patronising to match going fans tbh. I don't agree with what appears to be the general sentiment in the ground towards him, but I think they are more informed than that
Everyone who disagrees with me is stupid dontchaknow

about what a dud Guedes is after…5 games in a new league.

This might be a new phenomenon for wolves fans but some people actually watch games that don't involve Wolves.

Yeah they sang Bruno's name for a good 10 mins in the second half. He's nowhere near getting sacked despite what many on here think and want. Only if we go on a horrific run after Liverpool and Man City.

I've always maintained the majority of wolves fans have below average IQ and this proved my theory.

Hmmm I'm not convinced, I personally think this forum's mainstream view on Lage is very much a minority among your average fan (rightly or wrongly), based on what I've witnessed, which is obviously not exhaustive. Not that people particularly like him, more that he's a decent bloke who hadn't been backed and was left with Nuno's players etc (I know)

I agree with your last paragraph though, he can't tread water with this squad now. But I think it'll be Fosun that pushes on that, and I think it'll be before the fans turn
I’d completely agree with all of that.

Standing there at the end of the game with Bruno hamming it up in the middle of the pitch you wouldn’t have thought he’d just scraped a poor match thanks to an astonishing miss. As I looked around there were simply thousands of people chanting his name, as if he’s a plucky ‘one of them’ sticking it to the owners despite being forced to operate with one hand tied behind his back.

I should add there was one little girl amidst it all who yelled ‘get in the bin Bruno’… but she was my daughter.

I saw no signs to think that this win will turn our fortunes round any time soon.

Yeah they sang Bruno's name for a good 10 mins in the second half. He's nowhere near getting sacked despite what many on here think and want. Only if we go on a horrific run after Liverpool and Man City.
Not a chance that any of our owners know (or give a fuck) what anyone was singing today. He’ll get the boot if the results don’t improve.

I've always maintained the majority of wolves fans have below average IQ and this proved my theory.
Nope I'm above average thanks. Never any shortage of condescending arrogant posters in the "Bruno out immediately" camp though.

If he gets sacked after Liverppol/City then I'll bow down to your superior sense of what Jeff Shi is thinking.

Nope I'm above average thanks. Never any shortage of condescending arrogant posters in the "Bruno out immediately" camp though.

If he gets sacked after Liverppol/City then I'll bow down to your superior sense of what Jeff Shi is thinking.

I didnt ask about you. I just said the majority, especially the knuckledraggers in the southbank.

I didnt ask about you. I just said the majority, especially the knuckledraggers in the southbank.
So every fan in the South Bank is a knuckledragger now?

The phrase "digging your own grave" comes to mind...

So every fan in the South Bank is a knuckledragger now?

Can you not read? The knuckledraggers in the southbank. If I meant the whole stand I'd have said, the southbank are knuckledraggers.

Back