• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-0 Southampton: Verdict Thread

The phrase "digging your own grave" comes to mind...

Not really, I sit in there and hear the complete lack of intellect. You'll see it yourself when you come over.

Not really, I sit in there and hear the complete lack of intellect. You'll see it yourself when you come over.
Hey I'm not on one side or the other, I just know a losing cause when I see one.

Remember that time I said we couldn't know for sure how good Steve Bull would have been in the Premier League?

Hey I'm not on one side or the other, I just know a losing cause when I see one.

Remember that time I said we couldn't know for sure how good Steve Bull would have been in the Premier League?

I heard someone today say, 'bet she stinks of curry but I don't mind that.' whilst discussing an Indian bird he'd matched on tinder.

As I say, we've got our fair share of idiots

Yeah I'm probably being a prick with my comments in fairness but I've had a few.
Football, mate. Makes us all a bit crazy now and then.

Think that's a bit patronising to match going fans tbh. I don't agree with what appears to be the general sentiment in the ground towards him, but I think they are more informed than that
Well apologies if that’s how it’s come accross but I don’t think it’s any different to when it’s said the fans (and you can include me in that) don’t care about ‘x’ when the team is winning (see last season for details). Nothing really changed except the results. It’s also a view you see on here and elsewhere.

From what I see on Twitter, podcasts, friends, here, the majority aren’t bothered about him. Do I think Barmy Army chants when we’re up 1-0 and under the cosh mean the vast majority are fully backing him? No I don’t.

Me myself I’ve only really turned fully anti Bruno this last week. Before we started last year I was arguing for him as much as anyone. Middle of last year I saw issues but hoped he could improve them with returning players, personal development, players adapting. End of last year I wasn’t bothered if they gave him the boot but thought he deserved a pre season. Pre season I was actually optimistic! with the system change and how we looked. Then the actual games that has petered out to getting fed up and after Bournemouth wanting him out. I don’t make the decision though and it hasn’t been made. So now He’s earnt himself the breathing space for us all to find out. Do I think he will take us any where long term? No. Is it s big deal waiting another few months to find out for sure? No.

I heard someone today say, 'bet she stinks of curry but I don't mind that.' whilst discussing an Indian bird he'd matched on tinder.

As I say, we've got our fair share of idiots
Did you really how very interesting

Having seen the highlights a couple of points, great covering tackle by Neves in the first half in our box, and no way has Podence meant that finish! He looks disappointed with himself as soon as he hits it before realising its going in!

I'm still in the Lage out category.

Our tactics in the final third are still baffling. Everybody is out wide with Nunes and Sasa/ Guedes in the middle.

That's 4v2 with one those a midfielder and mainly putting the cross in, so aiming for 1.

Our final third stuff is embarrassing.

Don’t think he was particularly “backed” by the crowd. Lage’s Barmy wasnt sung at all until late in the first half and even then it was very quiet. It’s normally sung early on as it’s pretty much the only non player song we have.
I heard no dissent against Lage all game. And Barmy Army was being sung loudly in unison by all four stands at one point.

Back