• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-0 Southampton: Verdict Thread

Johnny75

Virtual Cock
Reaction score

Away you go.

When we had a focal point we looked OK. Kept the ball well enough and got into some great positions.

When we didn't we looked absolute crap.

Jonny MotM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not the best but we look solid defensively.
I thought we looked really shaky.

Collins has a brain fart every game. He needs to be consistently better.

Soton should've scored twice from free headers in the box. How Adams fucks up the East chance I don't know.

Let’s hope Sasa isn’t injured too badly/out for too long. It sounds like he made a bit of a difference.

We need points on the board so the new guy (when not if) won’t be taking over a team that is adrift of the rest.

Bruno out there at the end of the match, revelling in the adoration of thousands of Wolves fans. I mean I’ve just actually been standing there watching that.

Jonny looked like he’d got his mojo back. Raul didn’t look in too much pain in the box behind me at least… Genuinely didn’t see anything from Sasa one way or the other, but he’s only just met everyone, so.

I don't know if Neto is trying too hard or what but nothing came off for him. He was at least in decent positions and worked but needs to do much better.

Thought Mou should have come off, honestly think he is showing his age now. If we'd had 2nd Traore available I assume he would've.

Improvement from Jonny, few moments but at other times he had some excellent passages of play. Nunes showed some good touches as well but not sure putting him in the Donck role is going to work.

Far from convincing still but at the bare minimum it was better than a few nights ago, just.

Poor second half without the new guy. Back to the same pass across left then right etc etc.
Neto had good chance first half. Lucky goal again from Pod scuffed his shot as against Leeds. Nunes is looking decent. Guedes to me looks like Trincao - too lightweight

Reactions: b3h
About as unconvincing as it gets.

I thought we looked really shaky.

Collins has a brain fart every game. He needs to be consistently better.

Soton should've scored twice from free headers in the box. How Adams fucks up the East chance I don't know.

From set pieces we aren't there yet but in open play we didn't give much up.

Glad to get a win under our belts, although it wasn't hugely convincing. Hopefully it's good for the confidence of the players. Second home game in a row we've been kind of bossed a bit by visitors who are hardly elite.

Quite like the look of Sasa, hope he's not made of biscuits.

Nunes looked decent in patches, but just not quite there yet for me. Whether that'll come in time, or whether we're not using him correctly... Not sure.

I assume a lot of us will mention Neto. Bit of a concern. Maybe a goal or a great assist will pull him out of it. Looks like he's on autopilot, and getting frustrated with himself too. Has he lost a little pace or is it just me?

Jonny player very well, better decision making and support needed from/for RAN.

Early days for Guedes, but he just looks beige to me, just kind of fills a shirt.

I'll put as much effort into reviewing Adama's cameo as he put into playing.

Watching the game tbh just made me feel that we play beneath the sum of our parts, and we've spent a lot of money and don't look like finishing higher than 10th is particularly on the cards

A win is a win I suppose. They will feel hard done to. Jonny was my MOTM. Think we`ve bought another pup in Guedes. We don`t look altogether fit to me. Neves is racking up the yellow cards. Hope our new striker isn`t made of glass.

Reactions: b3h
Glad to get a win under our belts, although it wasn't hugely convincing. Hopefully it's good for the confidence of the players. Second home game in a row we've been kind of bossed a bit by visitors who are hardly elite.

Quite like the look of Sasa, hope he's not made of biscuits.

Nunes looked decent in patches, but just not quite there yet for me. Whether that'll come in time, or whether we're not using him correctly... Not sure.

I assume a lot of us will mention Neto. Bit of a concern. Maybe a goal or a great assist will pull him out of it. Looks like he's on autopilot, and getting frustrated with himself too. Has he lost a little pace or is it just me?

Jonny player very well, better decision making and support needed from/for RAN.

Early days for Guedes, but he just looks beige to me, just kind of fills a shirt.

I'll put as much effort into reviewing Adama's cameo as he put into playing.

Watching the game tbh just made me feel that we play beneath the sum of our parts, and we've spent a lot of money and don't look like finishing higher than 10th is particularly on the cards
Didn`t see your comment re Sasa before I posted mine, we`re of the same mind though. Agree with you with regards Nunes. Neto has definitely lost some pace. I would take 10th under this current Manager.

Back