• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1 - 1 Hull - The Verdict Thread

D

Deleted Cyber

Off you go then. Dave divides opinion again methinks

I'll take the draw over the 90. We could easily have lost that in the last 10. Marriner is a fucking wanker

In the end I spose the goalie kept us in it.
Need to put some of those chances right in front of goal away.
The players look like a bag of shite in those v neck tops with
Various coloured tops underneath,well done whoever thought that was
A good idea.

If we carry on like that we won't be far away at the end of the season.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

We deserved all 3 points today but that is still a solid point. Its still early days, the lads don't look fully focused, defensively we made errors but Hull are gonna be right up there by the end of the season. Martinez looked solid, kept us in it towards the end, Iorfa is absolute quality, he is strong and composed on the ball, can deliver a cross and can take on and skin his opponent. Hause made errors but pulled himself together towards the end, Golbourne and Stearman did well, little bit of dawdling on the ball towards the end but they all looked knackered.

Afobe is so important to what we are trying to do, he holds the ball up allowing players to get forward into space, he's strong and wins the ball back even when surrounded by 3 defenders, he gets the ball out from under his feet quickly and he's got a lethal shot, that shot from the corner routine took skill to keep it accurate and on target. Think ALF should have come on earlier, thats a mistake by KJ there, but overall, we played really well, it was a solid battle and we always looked like getting forward and creating chances, something which we haven't always looked like doing previously.

I was surprised to see such a low attendance considering it was 2 promotion contenders battling it out today but I suppose the fact that it was on tv didn't help.

I'll take the draw, we looked fantastic, number 4 apart, and I truly hope we can get Martinez permanently- possibly he's waiting to see if we can go up before he says he wants a permanent transfer to us. Anyway I think we are going up. Afobe needs to stop playing so deep KJ!!!

Oh and a shout out to the fantastic Coady and Golbourne who looks back to his best.

We should have won but the important thing is we didn't lose.

The stand-out performers for me were Coady and Iorfa. Iorfa seemed like he was defending on his own at times, from the right-back position. Frightening.

If we beat QPR it'll be a wonderful start to the season.

Enough chances to win the game with comfort but as we went behind and we're hanging on a bit at the end, a point will do. Hull looked decent.

Positives: Iorfa, Hause (pen aside), Coady, Martinez

Negatives: Don't like Afobe coming so deep all the time. Edwards in that role does not work, he gives it everything but he just doesn't offer anything in terms of quality or end product - and it affects our shape as well. This is not news though.

Enough chances to win the game with comfort but as we went behind and we're hanging on a bit at the end, a point will do. Hull looked decent.

Positives: Iorfa, Hause (pen aside), Coady, Martinez

Negatives: Don't like Afobe coming so deep all the time. Edwards in that role does not work, he gives it everything but he just doesn't offer anything in terms of quality or end product - and it affects our shape as well. This is not news though.

Literally this a million times.

Agree with not wanting to see Afobe coming too deep. Yes, he scored that mazy solo effort last season but it takes so much away from his game if he's picking up the ball on the half-way line.

Coady was indeed brilliant. On more than one occasion he managed to trap a long clearance and find a gold shirt with one touch instead of balooning it out and giving it away. He's not afraid to throw himself about either, Clukas looked freaked whenever there were 50/50 balls to be challenged

No issues with Edwards playing today against Hull. His work rate was required. We had enough chances to win today against a team I'd say were one of our biggest rivals even with our lack of attacking threat. He shouldn't play out there against QPR, as they are shit.

Coady was fantastic, can't believe people called it an average signing at the start of the season, must never have seen him play. Afobe good, as was Golbourne. Dicko should have scored a couple.

Coady was excellent very pleased we have him.

Dave Edwards worked hard as ever, but his lack of touch and technique costs us so badly in that last third that we can't afford to keep carrying him.

KJ - some of the players were absolutely fucked in the last fifteen minutes, waiting so long to put fresh Legs on was criminal.

We should and would have won that today but for Hause's brainfart. We were lucky he didn't cost us at Blackburn as well. Sorry but he's not quite good enough at this level IMO. Needs taking out and sending on loan. I don't remember EEL being as poor.

Only the second game of the season but encouraging signs from most of the players. Nice to see we are now a threat from distance with Coady and McDonald looked like getting into his groove. Dicko is a beast and I was impressed with Stears and Golbourne today both on and off the ball.

Our movement off the ball was a bit static at times and we do like to go side to side without tempo a bit too much but when we go forward at a high tempo we look frighteningly good. I'm not going to criticise Edwards position as that isn't his fault he can't play wide. We had more than enough chances to score and Edwards miss should attract no more criticism than the others.

Jackett has had a bad day tactically today. Changing things too late with Ojo and swapping Henry off who was having a very good 2nd half. ALF was on way too late and Dicko/ Afobe were spent 10 minutes before this. And this daft rhombus system isn't working which is why Afobe or Dicko keeps drifting deep or left. Silly.

MOTM - Golbourne, back to his best today.

Questions have to be asked of Kenny there. Needed subs desperately.

Fair result and a capable performance.

Edwards showed how important he is as he gave everything as his team mates tired.

Dicko seemed to have a huge chip on his shoulder and should have come off far earlier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For all the criticism of Edwards he had a better game than McDonald who doesn't quite look the same as last season yet. He had a decent enough first half and almost got on the end of Dicko's header. He didn't do enough in the second half though and should have come off instead of Henry, who had a good second half.

Saying that, it was Edwards who set up our goal. Won the second ball from a long punt and played it out wide for Dicko to cross in.

Back