• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-1 Southampton - Verdict Thread

With all due respect Alan, Bollocks.

It’s made for TV, that’s all they are bothered about.
What's bollocks? Surely you don't think they're applying the rules consistently and/or appropriately.

Lineman definitely flagged for a foul on the first disallowed goal. VAR irrelevant on that one.Seen this sort of comment a lot through the season and still can't make any sense of it. VAR doesn't improve anyone's viewing enjoyment, in the ground or on TV, the only beneficiaries are the teams who get the decision they want.

At least you lot watching on tv have a clue what’s happening. Premier league football is popular partly because of the speed and atmosphere, VAR is killing that.

At least you lot watching on tv have a clue what’s happening. Premier league football is popular partly because of the speed and atmosphere, VAR is killing that.

‘A huge proponent of VAR’ - bollocks was being quite polite I thought.

It's negative for both, granted the magnitude is different but it doesn't improve anything for a TV fan.
Bollocks. He flagged for handball right in front of us.
The handball is the foul I was talking about, opposed to tredman's suggestion he'd flagged for offside.

Handball is a foul? New one for me. And it was VAR that confirmed it.

On another note, I hope Nuno bins the idea Traore can play RWB, he can't and never will. He's far better up front in a 3 and he isn't as good as Neto and Jota.

Ah, Traore’s fault again. Doesn’t take long.

Ah, Traore’s fault again. Doesn’t take long.

It's not obviously, but the way he was deployed, coupled with his own interpretation of that in the second half didn't help. He body checked Raul in the second half because he didn't know or didn't understand where he was supposed to be. Irrespective of formation Doherty has to be RWB. 433 Traore plays on the right, 352 he plays up top or not at all

It's not obviously, but the way he was deployed, coupled with his own interpretation of that in the second half didn't help. He body checked Raul in the second half because he didn't know or didn't understand where he was supposed to be. Irrespective of formation Doherty has to be RWB. 433 Traore plays on the right, 352 he plays up top or not at all

I don’t disagree with any of that, it’s just rather wearisome that as soon as things don’t go to plan then we focus on Traore.

Handball is a foul? New one for me. And it was VAR that confirmed it.

On another note, I hope Nuno bins the idea Traore can play RWB, he can't and never will. He's far better up front in a 3 and he isn't as good as Neto and Jota.
Yes, handball is a foul. That's what the assistant flagged and it would have been no surprise to see the referee consult with him to disallow the goal in the absence of VAR.

Yeah, because that's exactly what I said. Don't you think Doc made the difference?

I think the change to 3-4-3 made the difference. Nonsense to say Neto is better than a guy who just scored 2 against possibly the best English team ever.

I think the change to 3-4-3 made the difference. Nonsense to say Neto is better than a guy who just scored 2 against possibly the best English team ever.

It really isn't nonsense. I think Neto is a better player in a front 3 as is Jota.

I'm not fuming now I am home. But I am feeling rather more empty.

VAR is killing the game. And I dont think I want to watch VAR reffed matches any more.

‘A huge proponent of VAR’ - bollocks was being quite polite I thought.
Replay officiating works fine in multiple sports. That the PL can't figure it out reflects poorly on them, not on replay officiating as a concept.

I'm sorry Alan but when you finish celebrating and all settle back in your seats for the kick off for the VAR notification blink up after well over a minute then the game is dead in the ground. Hope you all love the correct decisions on the telly but fuck it, I hate every single atom of its being.

I have to agree with paddy, ive said this before but var is taking the joy out of the game. After every goal, instead of celebrating you are waiting for the decision for 30-40 sec, will they find something wrong in the buildup... if its not a blatant foul or offside that the ref calls on the spot, it should count. If its a 50/50 or doubtful, surely its in the spirit of the game to continue play and give it the benefit of the doubt

Replay officiating works fine in multiple sports. That the PL can't figure it out reflects poorly on them, not on replay officiating as a concept.

Exactly right Alan (please don't fall over or think this will become a habit.

It's the fucktards in charge rather than the tech. The PGMOL isn't fit for purpose and should be scrapped.

Back