• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-1 Southampton - Verdict Thread

Monstrum

Reaction score
Ridiculous yellow for the handball. Completely unintentional, not to mention we seen goals like that given all the time.
Bullshit VAR decision for the second, completely legal goal by Raul. Cutrone being a millimetre offside (I didnt see it during play, nobody contested it) has nothing to do with the goal. Not to mention you need five camera angles, super slowmo and a robot counting millimetres to see it. How is any of this shit football?
Vallejo gave the ball straight to ings, in front of goal twice. Under no pressure. Would be embarassing for an under 17 Kazakhstan sunday league. Ive never seen a pro player do something that bad. Terminate his loan.
Decent decision for the penalty, a bit of a dive from doc, but the defender has his foot out trying to hinder him. Great finish from raul, I was suprised they didnt make him retake it.

All in all, poor result, borderline terrible considering we had to force a penalty for a point, against a relegation favourite, at home.

Wait- if we were robbed by an illegitimate decision, as you say, how can you fairly say it was a shit result where we only got it due to a dodgy penalty? Sounds more like we had a fair win stolen to me.

Stolen or not, the result is 1-1. If it had been 2-1 it would be a good result.

"Terminate his loan"

And what, play Kilman? He's not ready.

2 misplaced passes aside I thought he looked ok, much more composed by the end. Does look a bit like a young Laurie Madden though.

Raul's handball was exactly what it was, he moved his arm forward to control the ball. It was in front of the NB, everyone around me saw it for what it was and for me was a yellow given it ended in a 'goal'. Everyone knows where I sit on VAR, but it appears it was offside so we have to suck it up I guess.

I'd like to ask Nuno what was the strategy in the first half? It was difficult to see what we were trying to do. We came alive for 5 mins after their goal and 5 after ours, but by and large we played with the handbrake on

My positive on Vallejo is he didn't hide. My negative, I don't want to see him in a PL game again. He's not a project, he's on loan and as a centre half I don't know what he is. He's not strong in the tackle or in the air, he doesn't read the game well and his distribution is awful. If we have a January break clause we should activate it.

If that is what VAR does to the game they can have my season ticket back. The game is ruined.

It was pretty dire for large parts of the game today. Still should have won though, saints were there for the taking.

VAR is killing the game, so need to get it right. As rugby the refs decision should stand unless theres a clear and obvious reason to overturn it. Also the officials need to be in control of referral or as in tennis/cricket each manager gets say 3 reviews

Definite handball, I was right inline with it. Did look like the linesman gave offside though tbf

If that is what VAR does to the game they can have my season ticket back. The game is ruined.

Agreed, the know it alls said it wouldn't be an issue and here we are, it is a load of shite.

Just sat here thinking exactly that. I have 3 season tickets and spend around £50 a match - plus Europa league, fa cup etc, its a very large amount of money. I don’t enjoy this and not sure I ever will.

Result was about fair, as for VAR it what is now it’s just so frustrating how long it takes to make the decision. I’m still baffled why Everton’s 2nd goal against us wasn’t scrutinised in the same manner.
The momentum shift is also causing problems, we didn’t react well especially to the 2nd.
Vallejo is getting some stick and most is justified, that wayward pass across the face of the penalty box was just baffling. The clearance for the 1st goal was poor but Coady is the one who makes an absolute hash of it.
We’re where we’d probably have expected to be bobbing around in mid table.

I thought Southampton played OK and while I'm disappointed we didn't win, I'm glad we didn't lose after being behind.

Good to see Jota having a run out too.

that's a negative

? He was like 20m away from me for most of the second half. I’m allowed an opinion I think, which might differ to yours.

I thought we played fine, Jessus H Chist Vallejo What Was That (full name) aside. It's not our fault the ref has a holiday home in Hampshire.

I just read that Southampton have had 8 goals against them disallowed so far this season. I bet their fans love VAR.

I cannot express quite how much I hate VAR. A great game has been emasculated. It’s shit. I can’t see myself renewing so some tv loving tourist can have my seat. It’s bollocks.

Back