• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-1 Southampton - Verdict Thread

This thread should be renamed to "Problems with VAR?".

I doubt it was. Just the fucking chump in charge decided handball must mean delibrate.

He was easily the worst ref I've seen down here and that really takes some doing.

He was easily the worst ref I've seen down here and that really takes some doing.

Nah, he's awful (done us over before) but he is nowhere near any of the following:

Lynch
Halsey
M Jones
Marriner
Attwell
Coote
East
D'Urso
Rennie

And the very worst of all: Human barrel Steve fucking Martin. I saw Blues fans raging about him on Twitter after they lost to PNE a few weeks ago :icon_lol:

All bad and Martin is in a league of his own but Bankes didn't even look like he knew why he was anywhere near a football match let alone even know what he was doing. He's never a qualified referee.

Lynch. Fucking hell mate, I was having such a good day until you reminded me of that fucktard.

It's 48 hours on and I'm still astonished Romeu avoided any cards in that game.

PGMOL have a huge problem. They have barely enough officials to cover all the matches as it stands, the Football League refs (such as Martin) are absolutely rancid so who do you promote. This is why Jon Moss stays on the list despite him being visibly unfit (he isn't actually that bad, but keeping up with play is something of an issue for him).

I think as a one off East at Bournemouth last season is the worst performance I've seen - he got pretty much everything wrong - but it could have been just that game, he'd never really been on my radar before (retired now anyway). Martin is beyond awful in every game and I absolutely despise his attitude. Bankes is bad but not in that league.

I wouldn't mind seeing foreign refs in the PL.

Is it possible that maybe three refs just isn't enough in today's game?

The crap decisions aren't down to pace of the game, not having a proper view etc by and large. Just the man with the whistle and cards isn't very good at his job in general (there are exceptions, Oliver, Dean and Taylor are all good, I don't mind Pawson either, Atkinson is alright although he seems to think letting stuff go is his "signature" now and it means genuine offences get missed).

1 good ref is all you need. Not many of them around though

101436553865.gif

methode_times_prodmigration_web_bin_81cdf481-db12-38b7-9496-617922ce5cd7.jpg

And this bloke was a butcher by trade :)

Wasn't there some Australian guy coming over to ref in the UK or something? Remember something on Twitter of him being miced up for a game that was maybe his last before moving or something.

Wasn't there some Australian guy coming over to ref in the UK or something? Remember something on Twitter of him being miced up for a game that was maybe his last before moving or something.

Championship. Jared something

Back