• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-2 West Ham: Verdict Thread

Season has been pretty much over since we rolled over and let Coventry through to the semi-final of the fa cup but today really closes the door to anything other than a midtable finish.

We were the better team for the first half, but we weren't that threatening. Odd to be setting up with RAN on the right and playing Doyle on the left negated a lot of his qualities - what he did was fine, it's just in that position you need some pace.

Doc was a weak link, partly because he only has one foot and so he naturally needs to turn infield and play the ball backwards and partly because he's a tub of lard.

Santi was the other weak link, passive and drifting through the game with soft passing. He'll lose his place to Dawson next week but it's a bit late to keep the season a alive (like when he turns, just a bit late)

@Johnny75 and @Tredman - laugh at this post, I dare you 🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊
Were you at the match today?

Think he's a bit like Kilman, needs a good defender next to him to organise him.

He's alright but isn't outstanding, would be better next to Dawson imo
He seems a bit lightweight, might be ok in a 3 with a Dawson next to him but not in a 2.

I wouldn't go that far, but as I said to my son walking away from the ground today, it's killing the game. He spoke about a goal that Derby conceded against Portsmouth on Tuesday, I didn't watch it, that was 2 yards offside and he gave it as the reason it's should be a good thing. He's correct, there should be some middle ground between that and today, I don't think PGMOL will ever find it though
It has taken mine away.

If every post you make is met with :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: then maybe you might get annoyed? What is your opinion of Doc? Denigrate him or admit he has done well for Wolves?
I've already said I thought he was the best of our back 6 today. I thought he was somewhere between poor and appalling prior to Nuno joining, often unfit and often lacking in effort. For the 3 seasons he played under him I thought he was decent, in a very specific role which suited him. I also thought accommodating both him and Coady in those very specific roles was holding us back from kicking on to the next level and would have happily moved both on that Summer, 1 we did, the other we didn't. I wouldn't have brought him back, the 3 year contract is a joke, but ignoring the contract , as a squad player, who doesn't seem to cause issues as a straight backup to Semedo, it's unremarkable but OK. Starting a PL game at LWB is ridiculous, that's partly on GON as he had another option and partly on Fosun because the best LWB had to play in a position off the front on the right. We didn't lose today because of Matt Doherty

Interesting - thanks for a proper response.
I'm not sure what else was needed?

I'll try again.

Yes, I set off at 8.45 this morning and arrived into Wolves at 13.17 before having a quick beer, some chips and then taking up my season ticket seat in the South Bank.

I'm currently sat on a train heading home after watching the full game and staying in Molineux after the match to boo the ref.

Hope that helps 🤷

I'm not sure what else was needed?

I'll try again.

Yes, I set off at 8.45 this morning and arrived into Wolves at 13.17 before having a quick beer, some chips and then taking up my season ticket seat in the South Bank.

I'm currently sat on a train heading home after watching the full game and staying in Molineux after the match to boo the ref.

Hope that helps 🤷
You’re missing the part about picking up the guide dog.

I recon Jeff has paid some of you off to agitate this forum so he can get a post match evening off

Back