• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-0 Brentford: Verdict Thread

He played in a midfield 2 when we finshed 7th in the league and made a Europa Cup 1/4 final.
Not a 4-4-2, though. Different ask.

We'll find out one way or another against Leicester, ay?

You think Doherty and Jonny made a difference to what he and Moutinho were being asked to do in the middle? Come on Alan you know football better than that

That's 5 home wins for Julen, all with clean sheets.

In fact remarkably, all of our 7 home wins this season have been with clean sheets. Two under Lage and Davis (pedants!) (Southampton, Forest) and 5 under Lop (West Ham, Liverpool Spurs, Chelsea, Brentford).

Two away wins, Everton and Southampton were both 2-1 wins. Meaning we've only conceded 2 goals in all of our 7 wins this season.

#interesting #statto

Last edited:
Brilliant win today. Diego is a beast. Disagree with any of the players being dross but Sarabia was at least a 6/10 for me.

Also shout out to the flag people busting blood vessels because people took them home..

I think Neves has showed in certain games when JL has allowed it, he has the athleticism to play that role.
When he returns, I just don’t want to see him coming deep between the centre halves to get the ball.

With how lop wants us to play, with the high press etc, if you’ve got neves shuttling to get the ball at CM, the. Getting to CM where lemina and Gomes are, you’re asking him to cover even more ground, plus removing one of the passing options into the middle of the pitch. It just doesn’t work.

There is nothing to suggest neves can’t play a midfield two, with how we’ve set up to play the last two games

You think Doherty and Jonny made a difference to what he and Moutinho were being asked to do in the middle? Come on Alan you know football better than that
More about the extra cover behind him with the 3 CBs.

On Neves, 1st of all you'd have to ask a fuck of a lot of Wolves fans before you found one who didn't think Neves is our best player, he clearly is. But the 2 games without him in the side have shown what the future could look like and honestly that future looks bright.

These last 2 performances have had a midfield that has shown a dynamism, cohesion and progressiveness that isn't always there with Ruben in the team. And I don't say that as a knock on him, I actually think it's more on the rest of the team who are too willing to use him as a crutch to lean on. They all too often just give the ball to Ruben knowing he'll pick out a pass and it absolves them of taking any responsibility and it forces him to play much deeper than he should be playing. It's also down to a change in philosophy from the manager, possibly enforced by his absence.

Whatever the cause, the effect has been positive and hopefully it can continue if he comes back into the side.

On Neves, 1st of all you'd have to ask a fuck of a lot of Wolves fans before you found one who didn't think Neves is our best player, he clearly is. But the 2 games without him in the side have shown what the future could look like and honestly that future looks bright.

These last 2 performances have had a midfield that has shown a dynamism, cohesion and progressiveness that isn't always there with Ruben in the team. And I don't say that as a knock on him, I actually think it's more on the rest of the team who are too willing to use him as a crutch to lean on. They all too often just give the ball to Ruben knowing he'll pick out a pass and it absolves them of taking any responsibility and it forces him to play much deeper than he should be playing. It's also down to a change in philosophy from the manager, possibly enforced by his absence.

Whatever the cause, the effect has been positive and hopefully it can continue if he comes back into the side.
We seem to have set up differently with him out the team, with the job we expect the midfield 2 to do. I don’t see why neves can’t play the role they did today IMO

Also shout out to the flag people busting blood vessels because people took them home..
Stealing the flags is just a shady, self-entitled, thing to do though isn't it? A group of people try to do something positive (whether you agree with it or not) and instead of people just leaving the flags to be reused people have decided to steal them.

Those stolen flags are gonna look great in the bin/chucked in a shed tomorrow.

Stealing the flags is just a shady, self-entitled, thing to do though isn't it? A group of people try to do something positive (whether you agree with it or not) and instead of people just leaving the flags to be reused people have decided to steal them.

Those stolen flags are gonna look great in the bin/chucked in a shed tomorrow.
At least your response was more dignified then the Twitterverse. Id respect it mind.

Btw love you Aiki, never argue with you dude. ;-)

If that happens I'll be appalled.
Think you need to prepare yourself for being appalled then. It might be for Lemina but my money is on Gomes. No chance JL is leaving his captain and best player out if available.
Gomes has had 2 very tough games (and been excellent), he's still very young and as I said earlier he was completely gassed before being subbed today.

At least your response was more dignified then the Twitterverse. Id respect it mind.

Btw love you Aiki, never argue with you dude. ;-)
I don't really care about the flags, though I think it looked pretty good today though.

Just think it's bad craic to take the stuff bought and paid for by a fan organised group and especially as most will just end up in the bin now.

Back