• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-0 Crystal Palace: Verdict Thread

Anyway...3 points is all that matters.

Natural nerves both on and off the pitch and Palace pushing forward and popping all attackers on help push us back but job done.

How we stay up doesn't matter...we just have to stay up and barring some football disaster we have done it despite Bruno's finest efforts.

Defended very well and got a bit of luck we haven't got at other times. Draw probably a fair result and 2-0 definitely flatters us. Lemina motm, Costa looks a lot sharper. Neves with a captain's performance, willing us through although a few more sloppy passes than I've seen from him before.

We also worked bloody hard for that win. I think every single player who put in a full 90 minutes was blowing by the end. The pressing and desire was immense.

Agree with Bear, I thought the performance was controlled and we did what we needed to in order to secure the win.

We're safe and in the end it has actually been quite comfortable. Not bad for a team rock bottom at Christmas that looked utterly hopeless in 2022. Lopetegui has done a great job. A few questionable lineups/changes on the way but he's starting to find the tactics and personnel which works well.

Props to Diego Costa and Craig Dawson too. Two uninspiring signings at the time but they’ve formed a solid and battling spine. I’m not advocating we give Diego another year but he has done a vital job and stepped up when we needed a striker to lead the line.

Good for 30 minutes without creating a whole lot, then a bit grim from an attacking or control pov.
Defence were magnificent. Thought we were shocking on the ball second half.
How their keeper isnt sent off I don't know.
Pretty brave by Neto given his recent injuries.
That's the worst commentary/pundit team I've ever seen.

That performance showed fight and determination I didn`t think we had in us as a team. Costa, Dawson, Lemina top performers but the skipper was my MOTM. Played a lot higher up the pitch for a lot of the game too. Why was Sa booked? I must have missed something.

Moaned to the referee when the Palace players prevented him distributing the ball quickly.

. Why was Sa booked? I must have missed something.
Telling the ref he was shit.

Ayew stopped him launching a counter attack by knocking the ball out of his hands. Ref gave a free kick but didn't book him. Sa didn't agree with the decision not to book him.

That performance showed fight and determination I didn`t think we had in us as a team. Costa, Dawson, Lemina top performers but the skipper was my MOTM. Played a lot higher up the pitch for a lot of the game too. Why was Sa booked? I must have missed something.
Sa got booked for complaining (not even vehemently) cos a Palace player punched the ball out of his hands when he was trying to get a fast break going, obviously the Palace player didn't get anything.

I'd say we got fairly lucky that Hwang didn't give away a penalty. It was clear contact and none of the ball.

That's the sort we never get though so fuck em.

Result was all that mattered and the early goal meant we knew a clean sheet was then the priority. They looked lively up to the box but in the box we defended superbly. I think we won the first header at all but one of their corners, blocked well and Sa made two very good saves.

All of back four did really well, midfield solid defensively and Neves was a man-possessed I the last 20 minutes. Costa battled well and nearly lasted the 90 minutes though possibly that was because we have nobody else that can do what he does. Ref did well for an hour then bottled a couple of blatant yellows(foul on Dawson and block on Sa) and quite possibly a red for Johnstone if my lad is correct that he went in studs up.

Roll on next season in the PL.

Hwang got there first and the Palace player kicked his foot, was surprised they didn't get it though.
Hwang didn't get anywhere first as they were both nowhere near the ball. Hwang lunged his foot in trying to shield the ball and caught him. Seen them given.

Hwang got there first and the Palace player kicked his foot, was surprised they didn't get it though.
It was right in front of me and looked like Hwang just used his body to protect the ball and the Palace player made contact with him. It was risky but his timing was perfect.

Last edited:
Great first half performance but again followed by a poor second half. It was the result we needed though o well done to all concerned. One little niggle though that in the first half one of our players was being pulled back by his shirt 2 yards away from the lino who didn't flag for it !!!

Back