• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-0 Crystal Palace: Verdict Thread

Sa got booked for complaining (not even vehemently) cos a Palace player punched the ball out of his hands when he was trying to get a fast break going, obviously the Palace player didn't get anything.
I think what did it for Sa, was when he was shouting at the ref, who told him and waved his arm accordingly, to go back to his area.
Sa decided to lose that bit in translation and carried on so the ref thought, "Well I've bloody well told you so now I'll take your name, see if that shuts you up..."

Great first half performance but again followed by a poor second half. It was the result we needed though o well done to all concerned. One little niggle though that in the first half one of our players was being pulled back by his shirt 2 yards away from the lino who didn't flag for it !!!
Commentator on BT said that both players were pulling each others shirt but I didn`t see it that way.

I think what did it for Sa, was when he was shouting at the ref, who told him and waved his arm accordingly, to go back to his area.
Sa decided to lose that bit in translation and carried on so the ref thought, "Well I've bloody well told you so now I'll take your name, see if that shuts you up..."
No doubt, but I was livid that the Palace player got nothing, deliberate handball and cynical.

Great first half performance but again followed by a poor second half. It was the result we needed though o well done to all concerned. One little niggle though that in the first half one of our players was being pulled back by his shirt 2 yards away from the lino who didn't flag for it !!!
That might have been because they were both at it, but the palace player's pulling went on much longer.

Any outfield player making that challenge sees red without a doubt.
For me it's not much different to Jonnys challenge, lost control of the ball, lunged in out of control, boot rolled over the ball, horrendous challenge.
Only thing saving Neto was he was already in the air.

Any outfield player making that challenge sees red without a doubt.

Double Jeopardy isn't it? Think it's tackle from a bloke who doesn't know what he's doing rather than one who's out to hurt someone.

Forget to mention in my verdict that Olise is some player. I thought Bueno handled him very well, perhaps best illustrated by him roasting Toti twice in his brief time on the pitch. If I was Palace I’d be more concerned about keeping him than Zaha.

Props to Diego Costa and Craig Dawson too. Two uninspiring signings at the time but they’ve formed a solid and battling spine. I’m not advocating we give Diego another year but he has done a vital job and stepped up when we needed a striker to lead the line.
I think his commitment deserves another year. Great for team spirit too. Plus massive experience.

What planet are you on? Studs up, hits player above ankle, it’s a red card for violent conduct, not denying a goal scoring opportunity.

I'm on planet double Jeopardy, like I said. Red card and penalty don't go together as long as there is an attempt to win the ball.

I could deconstruct the performance, but doesn't seem appropriate this evening. We won, we are safe and that's all that matters.

The only negative I'll say was how shit was Neves? Hope we don't see him in a Wolves shirt again...Definitely a better team without him

It’s violent conduct, nothing to do with the penalty.
In your opinion, I think it's possible to see a very clumsy challenge from a player who isn't very familiar with that part of the game which would put it back in the realms of double jeopardy as an attempt to win the ball.

In your opinion, I think it's possible to see a very clumsy challenge from a player who isn't very familiar with that part of the game which would put it back in the realms of double jeopardy as an attempt to win the ball.
Oh so refs have to take into account the players familiarity with a particular part of the game now? Look at the still of how he makes contact and if you think that’s not a red I’m out!

I must have watched a different game to everyone else. First half was pre season vibes. Shit crowd, shit performance from both teams. No one seemed to care and it was only the fact we were already 1-0 up that I didn’t really care.

Second half was pretty much more of the same but then we started getting unnecessarily nervous like it was the 95th minute in the CL final even though Palace hadn’t even got a screw, let alone turn it.

Thought the ref had the easiest game of the season to ref given how passive, shif, low tempo/effort it was yet he still managed to be shit. No awful decisions as such but a weird performance.

Back