• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-1 Chelsea: Verdict Thread

He definitely has that long-legged languid Patrick Vieira running style.

Would just like to give Saiss a special mention too - could have belted it out for the winner but played a measured pass that set up the counter. Say what you want about our "boring" play under Nuno but our ability to play it out of defence calmly is absolutely spot on.

Chuffed with that win. First half was a bit meh from both teams, we got away with it from corners a bit but not too much between the teams.
Was impressed with Otasowie, came on at a difficult time and looked fine, he's a beast but also decent on the ball and makes intelligent passes.
thought Podence was trying too hard to be clever but that was a terrific goal.
Neto was his usual industrious self with a good bit of quality at the end...it wasn't a pen but a bit harsh to call it a dive, running at speed and lost his footing imo.
Thought once we equalised we really stepped it up and deserved winners in the end

Would just like to give Saiss a special mention too - could have belted it out for the winner but played a measured pass that set up the counter. Say what you want about our "boring" play under Nuno but our ability to play it out of defence calmly is absolutely spot on.
good call, some of his passing out of defence was excellent..defended well too

On my own on that one then! Not saying he was terrible but there we go.

Missed the entire first half and only saw from just before out first goal. Why was Otasowie on, was Donk injured? Thought he did ok, as did Vitinha. Neto was good in what I saw apart from the dive which irritated me.

Yes, Donck was injured (but was crap anyway, wasn't helping Semedo at all and offering nothing on the ball).

Absolutely deserved this, they created virtually nothing from open play, weird tactics from Lampard to switch Pulisic, Marçal had him in his pocket after that and Werner had a shocker throughout.

Great sub appearances by Otasowie (big lad for 19!) and Vitinha, Podence and Neto really came to life after we went behind.

A top win in itself but also stops the rot a little bit, we didn't deserve to lose on Saturday but we did, a result was key and we got it. Thought our general standard of football was much better throughout.

Thought Neves dictated the midfield today moved the ball all over the place into great areas. Podence is my new man crush, he's a very clever player...

Thought he did really well up against Kante who is no mug.

Otasowie and Neves took control of midfield after half time and tried to pass forwards or to an attacking player as much as possible which I thought was the difference in the end.

Donck with his negative passing and running was garbage and deserved to be hooked even if he wasn't injured.

Neto and Pod looked superb when running at people, who knew?

Thought Semedo was rinsed first half but to class second. May be a confidence thing with him.

Quality win and nice to see some lovely football and a quality game.

I'd be surprised if playing ballboy for 90 mins would aid his recovery.

Ha! Just saw it mentioned in a few places but seemed too short to be Raul for me.

Otasowie and Neves took control of midfield after half time and tried to pass forwards or to an attacking player as much as possible which I thought was the difference in the end.

Donck with his negative passing and running was garbage and deserved to be hooked even if he wasn't injured.

Thought Semedo was rinsed first half but to class second. May be a confidence thing with him.

Spot on. Much more dynamic in midfield and the WBs getting forward (Semedo especially) created space for the forwards.
Vitinha looked good again.

Was worried in the first half with our left as both Marcal and Neto seemed to be lethargic and also worried that Semedo was getting triple teamed and nobody seemed to help him but everything turned out fine :cool:
Agree about Podence, I don't know whether it's a low centre of balance but his control is quality

Chelsea overloaded on their lefthand side first half and Semedo wasn't really helped by the Donk.

Back