• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-1 Derby: The Verdict

Yeah, glad you both enjoyed it.

Agree with you on the view from the top of the North Bank. Brilliant up there.

Too high up. Players are like ants.. And play like ants as well.

I am pleased that you both had a good time, and you also saw that rarity this season - A Wolves victory at Molineux...

It's about time you pair got a Wolves win it would annoy me coming all that way. Sorry I wasn't around to say hello.

Haven't enjoyed a match as much as this one since the last minute Leeds winner last season (not because we played good football throughout the 90 mins, but merely for the emotion & result) - no it wasn't that good, just better than most of what we have been served up with so far this time round.

Helan did more than OK - doesn't have a right foot, but what he did do was give us a presence down the left (not had that since Graham got injured) which meant that Derby couldn't load whoever was on the right - both wide players covered back well & that with the energy of Coady & Saville gave the back line sufficient support (the back four also kept a better line than in recent matches for most of the time which also helped - not so much wandering off into no mans land)

Siggy did OK, but he not a real answer up there on his own - if Zyro is back & fit would be inclined to use him in that position as he seemed to have a more physical presence in the few games he played.

Good to see WH again & meet DDW for the first time - glad you enjoyed the Wolves Museum, agree its very well worth a visit

NB - not overly impressed with Derby - shows that there is really not that much between the top 6 and those in mid table

First time I've had chance to watch the highlights properly last night. Saville took his goals very well, particularly the guided header. Pleasing win and hopefully it will continue to get better.

Back