• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-1 Derby: The Verdict

Siggy was involved in 4 key parts in the 2nd half and fluffed 2 of them (although I feel the first one was the pitch, as he never got the ball under control before hitting it against his own foot). As a lone striker he did a decent job, certainly made sure the Derby defenders knew his was there. He had the thankless task today. He is by no means the long term answer up there, personally I feel he would be better suited to being either out wide in the front 3 or playing off the Number 9.

At least 7s pretty much all round. As you know from the match thread I wasn't impressed by Siggy, but like you say Papper, you cannot fault his work ethic today at all. He was given a fairly thankless task and gave everything at it. Very unfortunate with that shot too.

My in-match comment of garbage was, in hindsight, far too harsh.

At least 7s pretty much all round. As you know from the match thread I wasn't impressed by Siggy, but like you say Papper, you cannot fault his work ethic today at all. He was given a fairly thankless task and gave everything at it. Very unfortunate with that shot too.

My in-match comment of garbage was, in hindsight, far too harsh.

I think it's far too easy for all of us to be ingrained in cynicism. Fair play to Deutschy for his appraisal of Doherty.

I appreciate the stand the club have made with Van La Cruyff. It was very necessary.

I think we can expect Helan and Byrne on the flanks until the end of the season. RVLP is done here.

Don't get the Siggy hate at all and i didn't get it at the game. Asked to do everything from come short, flick balls on and run in behind all on his own and did all quite well at times yet once or twice he didn't mainly because the service was awful or the pitch decided to throw bobbles in and everyone seems to be getting on his back. Personally i think he holds the ball up very well when he gets good service and looks to bring others into play and does so well, i agree with Kenny that i don't think he's a number 9 and would be better with a fellow striker pushed on.

I really couldn't give any of the outfield players less than a 7 today as they gave it their all and all of them contributed something to the game. Ikeme still for me isn't good enough, kicking was dreadful and his positioning from free kicks is very questionable and may be the one players that would be less than a 7. Don't get me wrong we weren't fantastic but they all tried and we actually looked to play a bit of football at times and knocked it about with some neat little link ups. Midfield 3 were pretty good though apart from a few times when KMac went missing from his role sitting in front of the centre backs but Derby didn't capitalise.

With that team if we played like that all season i couldn't really moan but i still expect better and i think it shows their is better in there but i don't think Kenny can get it out of them consistently.

I think we can expect Helan and Byrne on the flanks until the end of the season. RVLP is done here.

Looks like it. Thought his interview after the QPR game was appalling and then he followed it up. Hope he does good somewhere but you just suspect he is the master of his own destiny.

I appreciate the stand the club have made with Van La Cruyff. It was very necessary.

I would hold off praising right now or expecting him to be done at the club. He played after the incident that pissed the fans off. I feel he was left out simply to take away an instant negative reaction from the fans in the ground. Would not be surprised to see him return to the bench v Boro.

I am pleasantly surprised to be calling you right Frank!

It was much-improved today, but there is still plenty of work to do. I think it is imperative to push on and finish as high as we can, even if the season peters out soon in terms of playoff chances or relegation worry.

Next Friday could be a sobering night though. Poor old Siggy is going to be very isolated up at the Riverside

I would hold off praising right now or expecting him to be done at the club. He played after the incident that pissed the fans off. I feel he was left out simply to take away an instant negative reaction from the fans in the ground. Would not be surprised to see him return to the bench v Boro.

He's burnt his bridges. We're safe. I would rather see a 16 year old play than VLP.

Those that go to Molineux have rarely given dissent to players but he is not fit to wear that shirt.

Hope you are wrong.

My biggest concern about today is who on earth hacked into Deutsch's account...

Think people are being harsh on Siggy, imo he played well today and really led the line in a difficult and isolated position. At least that's how it seemed to me in the South Bank.

The 1 negative is probably Mason on the right wing, looked totally confused as to his role.

Overall a good win and I thought Coady, Saville and Doherty were stand out (despite hating on all three of those players recently).

The only way Byrne will start again this season is if Zyro isn't fit enough for Friday. You know how Jackett's mind works, he'll use the negatives from his performance today (out-muscled a coupe of times, brought off because he was tired) to bin him as soon as he can. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if VLP is back on Friday - dropping him today because he said something he shouldn't is another one of Kenny's tricks.

He's burnt his bridges. We're safe. I would rather see a 16 year old play than VLP.

Those that go to Molineux have rarely given dissent to players but he is not fit to wear that shirt.

Hope you are wrong.

He has played every game hasn't he since he came from Brighton (or almost every game), where he had a sly pop at the club via the media. If the club were going to bomb him out for the Social media postings, he wouldn't have played v Brentford. It was an easy option today - Fans got on his back after a poor performance (by all). A slow start v Derby and he is a clear target and the atmosphere is against the team. We shall see what happens but I will be surprised if that is the last we see of him.

The whole team defended from the front. Siggy lead the line well and we had balance provided by the wingers. Much better

Grandsons first visit to the Mol :)

IMG_3783 (1).jpg

Don't ask me why its sideways ???

Back