• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-1 Man City: Verdict Thread

Didnt see that coming at all...crucial points and must be growing confidence in voth players and manager..that we can beat any team...im so happy right now

Feel sorry for Hwang, who any other day would be MOTM - he’s really stepped it up this season in difficult circumstances. Delighted with how he’s been playing and have to say fair play; but Neto has to take MOTM. I just hope we don’t buckle when the bids/interest inevitably come in for him. He’s literally dragging us through games by himself, on occasions (not today as everyone chipped in).

RAN was excellent, as was Dawson & Gomes.

It’s just an odd feeling right now. I think 90% of the fanbase/football in general thought we’d get absolutely drubbed today - myself included - and it’s just peak Wolves to go and win it.

Massive three points, credit to GoN, but the big challenge is to now sustain those levels against other teams.

Well done all. I’m going to sink a few pints of Arbor ales this evening!

Think it'll need to be 3 figures plus for Neto to move. Attacking players always cost more, the going rate for a winger who's currently averaging a goal or assist per game in the PL is high.

I've no doubt he'll have interest but will someone pay up?

Its a funny old game. Typical Wolves.
Tonight we celebrate, tomorrow we worry about The Vile.
Not often that teams give a thrashing two weeks in a row; from that perspective we’re catching them at a good moment to at least keep things competitive.

Think it'll need to be 3 figures plus for Neto to move. Attacking players always cost more, the going rate for a winger who's currently averaging a goal or assist per game in the PL is high.

I've no doubt he'll have interest but will someone pay up?
Will you stop! He's ours, he's in the form of his life and he's not going anywhere!

One of the most comfortable wins we've had in years, going back to the Nuno days. Take a bow GON and players. Nobody less than 7/10 at worse.

MOTM Neto, but special commendation for Hwang - turns out our 1 in 2 striker was here the whole time.

Id have taken 4 points from Luton & city before today's game.
I think a lot of us would have, but for the 3 in that 4 to come from City seemed a complete impossibility when we couldn't get 3 against Luton.

I think a lot of us would have, but for the 3 in that 4 to come from City seemed a complete impossibility when we couldn't get 3 against Luton.
Totally, I was considering putting quite a bit of money on man city to win today because I just couldn't see any other outcome. Thankfully I didn't bet at all

I predicted 1-3
Gon and every member of the team Deserve nothing but plaudits.
Semedo mom for me, played two difficult wingers out of the game thus giving haaland zero chances.
We played a full 90 minutes which tells the players they can do it, and for the first time this season i am getting into the cypro.
Massive day, and no criticism anywhere, well, except a bit for fabio, offside from a keepers kick out, really? Twat.

On the s***** Silva was just jogging around doing very little. Was that the same inside the ground?

On the s***** Silva was just jogging around doing very little. Was that the same inside the ground?

Thought he did ok actually. Held it up a few times and relieved the pressure, winning freekicks. Couple of loose passes when he could have released Neto but otherwise did what he was meant to do.

Dawson must be MotM - owned one of the best centre forwards in the world from minute one. Absolutely huge performance.
They were having words at the end and it seemed a bit tense. Dawson had a wry smile on his face - not sure what it was about; but Haaland seemed to have some respect for Dawson, begrudgingly.

Fucking magnificent, fair play to the lads for massive performance, the whole team were up for it and to a man were excellent. Neto was absolutely brilliant again and Hwangy pops up for another goal. Once City equalised I thought they would go on to win so fair play for us showing the character to regain and keep the lead.

Also, fair play to Gary O’Neil. I know I give him a lot of stick but I will give him credit today for steering us to a memorable performance and massive 3 points.

Well done to every single one of them, makes your Saturday night!

Back