• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-1 Man City: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Well, well, well. Where did that come from? An actual decent performance for a full 90+ minutes! Subs were pretty ok for the most part as well, based on fatigue and fitness rather than daft tactical reasons.

Plenty of players putting in really good performances but we defended superbly all game. Haaland and Foden barely had any impact on the game. It was almost Wolves-esque in that they just gave it to Doku and hoped for him to do something.

Let's hope this kick-starts our season from hereon in.

Last edited:
Most important to me, given that @Jinky was "astounded" that GON hadn't been sacked on Wednesday morning.

What word is there to describe his emotion that we have won that today?? ;)

City not at their best but how much of that was down to us? Never looked uncomfortable at any point and good value for the win I'd say.

Only slight concern that Man United may try and poach O'Neil when they sack ten haag but that's tomorrow's problem.

You wolves.

Well fuck me sideways! No way do I think anyone saw that coming.

Great team performance and we finally managed to turn a good first half into a good second one too. City were pretty one dimensional but that was partly due to how we set up and unlike previous games we managed to keep a threat going forward even when we did try to shut up shop.

If there were players with doubts about Gary (and there almost certainly were), that will buy him some decent credit with them, I expect.

It doesn’t fix everything but it’s a bloody good moment. Hopefully a dawn rather than a blip. We’ll see.

Hats off to the players, some properly heroic shit out there today.

I’m utterly delighted and staggered in equal measure! If I give him the brickbats then I have to big enough to say great win for you GON. Hopefully it can be the start of something positive. Off to bed as it is stupid o clock!

I cannot fault anything today, fair play GON got things spot on today you can’t deny.
Bit of disbelief we’ve won where’s the vodka?

Back