• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-2 Newcastle Utd: Verdict Thread

Sa clearly fucks up on the goal, if he has any doubt he should punch. God knows what Traore is doing in that area either, and if Sa has called (doesn't looks like he has) he needs to get out of the way.
We are asking him to be more dominant and come for crosses like this. Jumping over 2 players is a tough ask to get a clean grab and chuck in the rain to add more jeopardy...100% should have punched but I was more annoyed by Goodman saying it was an easy catch...was it fuck. It was a bad judgement call but it wasn't a simple catching chance.

But acceptable for others who use it...Irony is so thick you could slice it.
Bad language is allowed on this forum, as long as its not used in a direct attack on another poster. Which yours was. If you think other posters have crossed the line please use the report button and it'll be looked at.

Kenny if you want to ban me then please have the manners to inform me rather than just block my IP. Can I ask you to be at least consistent as it would make this forum an infinitely more enjoyable read x
Blocking the IP of a previously banned poster.
If that has taken you out then I will gladly say you are also banned.

We are asking him to be more dominant and come for crosses like this. Jumping over 2 players is a tough ask to get a clean grab and chuck in the rain to add more jeopardy...100% should have punched but I was more annoyed by Goodman saying it was an easy catch...was it fuck. It was a bad judgement call but it wasn't a simple catching chance.
Yeah I normally like Goodman and think he makes good comments. But not tonight

Yeah that was me.

"Clear & Obvious" should really be changed to "Reasonable Doubt." it's just far too high a bar as it stands and allows VAR officials to bottle decisions and not put pressure on their colleagues.

With a call of reasonable doubt, that way the ref can go and have a look and decide for himself whether he's made the right decision. I'm sure the on field ref would much prefer to make that judgment themselves, rather than hearing in his ear that he's got it wrong and needs to go over and look to confirm and then change the decision.
They’ve spent 3 minutes looking at a decision but don’t want to overturn as don’t want to “re referee the game”. But that is exactly what we want you to do as the decision is wrong! Minimum interference, maximum benefit they said. It’s maximum interference and little benefit.

They’ve spent 3 minutes looking at a decision but don’t want to overturn as don’t want to “re referee the game”. But that is exactly what we want you to do as the decision is wrong! Minimum interference, maximum benefit they said. It’s maximum interference and little benefit.
Superbly put

I just want for them to allow the ref to have a look if there's enough reasonable doubt that the decision is 50/50.

I just want them to use it like TMO in rugby. Clear and obvious is a charter to protect their mates.

Also refs taking paid junkets to ref in the oil states needs to stop. They are fucking corrupt and it is obvious

I think 'clear and obvious' was phrased as such to enforce the old 'the referee's always right'.
The fact that there are now a panel watching video replays trumps that.

Hwang is what he is, gets in good scoring positions, scores goals, works his bollocks off.
His technique is poor, otherwise we'd all be talking about how much we'd get for him in January when he inevitably gets sold.
Kane, Salah, Ronaldo et al. Can be shit for 89 minutes but no one gives a damn if the pop up with a 90th minute equaliser

Got mentioned earlier in the thread, but loved that interview from GON on Sky in the post-match.

Put the boot in on the referee and VAR (but not in an arsehole Klopp/Arteta way) - made his point really clearly and then moved on to praise the players. Finished with a joke about expecting VAR to find a way of cancelling out our second goal.

Really nice comments on RAN & Hwang. Seems well liked by the people in the business. The players have clearly responded to him and we’ve had a little insight in to his work on the training field now - which to his credit appears to be far better than many of us potentially first thought.

Have to say, he’s really growing on me. I want him (and us) to succeed.

Got mentioned earlier in the thread, but loved that interview from GON on Sky in the post-match.

Put the boot in on the referee and VAR (but not in an arsehole Klopp/Arteta way) - made his point really clearly and then moved on to praise the players. Finished with a joke about expecting VAR to find a way of cancelling out our second goal.

Really nice comments on RAN & Hwang. Seems well liked by the people in the business. The players have clearly responded to him and we’ve had a little insight in to his work on the training field now - which to his credit appears to be far better than many of us potentially first thought.

He's pretty smart for a PE Teacher.

Pretty happy with the result, it was a game we would have definitely lost in the past.
We all know that Sa has got a fuck up in him, unfortunately his number two has got a bigger fuck up in him so it’s Sa got the foreseeable.
Being at the game I thought it was a pen seeing it at the time but it took an absolute age for the twat on VAR to make a decision so I was sure the Ref was gonna go to the monitor.
Anthony Taylor is supposedly one of the best Referees in the world as he gets a lot of the top gigs, I thought he was a fucking disgrace, twice in the second half I counted his steps for free kicks, on the first occasion it was eight and the second in extra time was seven, he must have a big fucking stride.
I thought at the time that Pedro’s was a hammy the way he held the top of his thigh so hopefully it’ll just be a few weeks.

What's our assistant manager's name? Does anyone actually know off the top of their head?!

Fully expect the PGMOL to back up the call and use the “clear and obvious” cop out. Or we don’t want to reRef matches, no I want the right decision.

Two moments of shooting ourselves in the foot cost us a win today but that aside, it was an enjoyable watch. Obviously the Pedro injury is the downer but hopefully he will get over it quickly as our game plan clearly runs through him.

Sa and Hwang both to blame for the goals. Sa with his drop and Hwang for an awful touch and taking far too long to deal with the ball in the box. Hwang at least had the opportunity to make amends and boy did he. He was bloody awful until that turn and shot though.

Excellent come back from us to these set backs and although Newcastle had a weakened side, they still posed plenty of threat. Like others, thought we could go onto win it as we were clearly the better side until Neto went off.

I did enjoy his analysis of RAN by saying that he needs to cut the crazy out of his game and hasn’t had much training in tactics so his team are looking to rectify that. He is definitely improving. Brushed off any suggestion he had improved Hwang though!

Back