• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-2 Newcastle Utd: Verdict Thread

It’s interesting to read other Premier League fans’ views who actually think we have a really good team and are 2-3 players away from really taking off. Lots of good ball carriers, good dribblers, and an exciting style of play.

We’re genuinely decent to watch at the moment and I’m very pleasantly surprised by how good a job O’Neil is doing. Comes across really well and seems to be improving and adapting to our players all the time. The team seem like a proper group again and it all feels a bit like the Nuno days, which can only be a good thing

Weren’t where we’re due to pragmatism and effective football. We’re good on the eye currently. We’ve got some very good technicians in the side so it’s to be expected to a degree. The biggest worry I’ve got is how we manage without Neto.

There was definitely a tiny bit of contact, you could see it in one of the low camera angles (pointing towards the corner flag) they showed during the game. Hwang's right knee/thigh clipped Schar's left boot. But it was off the ground and he was already on his way down.

They'll cling to that contact in any explanations.

On Semedo, I think his attacking play has improved quite a bit over the last few games, crossing still needs work but he rarely turns back and passes it backwards lately, tries to be more proactive imo.

Pleased to see just the one card and no play acting today, as well. Hopefully that's coming from the manager too, and isn't a one-off.

I think Hwang looked a little lost tonight in his general play as he was being asked to play a much more central position, rather than the more fluid LW role that has given him such success.

That penalty decision has achieved the impossible of having RAWK red-cafe and Arsenal mania in complete agreement. Impressive

Even Newcastle fans don't think it was a penalty. Because it wasn't. VAR is not fit for purpose if it cannot get a decision like that correct. PGMOL needs completely replacing with people who are both competent and incorruptible. You could put 4 fans in the VAR room and they'd do a better job.

Back